𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐰.

( 🕷 )

( 🕷 )

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 

𝐔𝐍𝐁𝐄𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐈𝐍, 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑.... miles runs, well, sprints back to his home in Brooklyn. Phone in one hand, checking the time and seeing his mom, dad, and uncle were spamming him with texts. While, the other was in his pocket. "Shit! Mom's gonna kill me." Miles says, as he runs as fast as he could to take the train back to Brooklyn. It wasn't that far from the Bodega and Rin's place in the Upper East Side, so he hoped he wouldn't be in too much trouble.

Afraid their precious son wouldn't be able to spend enough time with his parents before going off to Brooklyn Visions, Jefferson Davis and Rio Morales were more than proud to give Miles a curfew over the summer. 

Miles hurried through the crowded New York streets, his heart pounding in his chest as he tried to make it home before curfew. The sound of the city surrounded him, the hustle and bustle of life in the Big Apple. He could see the subway station in the distance and pushed himself to go even faster.

As he reached the platform, he could hear the distant rumble of the approaching train. The doors were closing when Miles reached the platform, but with a burst of energy, he managed to squeeze through the closing gap and just made it onto the train. Breathing heavily, he found an empty seat and took a moment to catch his breath.

Miles couldn't help but think about Rin. He had so many questions to ask him like, "what's life like in California?" "what are your parents like?" "have you traveled outside the U.S. before?" "do you speak Spanish?" The last question would be more desperation on Miles' part, since his grades in Spanish aren't the best, despite his background.

The train pulled into Brooklyn station, and Miles made his way home, finally arriving 1 hour after his curfew. His parents were waiting for him, their worried/slightly angered expressions turning into relieved smiles as he walked through the door.

"Hijo, ¿dónde estabas? Te hemos estado llamando como loco!" (Son, Where have you been? We've been calling you like crazy!) His mom was the first one to speak.

"You know you start school tomorrow Miles, have you packed yet?!" Miles' dad speaks up next.

"Sorry, Mom, Dad," he panted, "Lost track of time. It won't happen again."

"We'll talk about this tomorrow," his dad said, patting him on the shoulder and ruffling his hair. "Get some sleep, alright buddy?!"

If Miles was being completely honest, every word his parents just said to him went through one ear and right out the other. He was way too burned out and tired to even comprehend the rest of the day. What was the most important thing to him was to pack before school, since he had to move into his dorm the following day, and show Rin more of his favorite spots around New York.

Miles drags himself back to his room after he tells his parents his 'goodnights,' Miles takes out his suitcase from his closet and begins to pack his essentials. He gets so tired before barely even starting and starts to doze off. 

Miles slumps on his bed and before drifting asleep,  he shoots Rin a text.

- "Goodnight Rin. See you at school tomorrow."