Always Follow Strangers To a Second Location

Jamie couldn't take her mind off Cashier Girl. Sure, she'd gotten over the initial shock of having her life threatened, but she wondered just how serious the woman was about talking over the events of last month. She seemed very displeased that Jamie brought it up.

The image of those piercing green eyes struck fear into her soul and she shuddered.

Jamie tried to eat her vanilla cake, but with so much on her mind it was a challenge to ignore the spongy and tart texture. Nonetheless, she paid for it, and if she's been told anything, it's to never waste food. Even if you can't stand it.

She stuffed the rest of the slice in her mouth and rapidly shoveled scoops of froyo in after it. The cold dairy treats' contents washed away the uncomfortable fluff of cake, satisfying her... until a wave of brain freeze came crashing down on her afterwards. She grabbed her head.

"Nngh! Bad idea!"

There were three raps at her door.

"Coming..."

Jamie trudged to the door, rubbing her temples to soothe the throbbing sensation of internal frostbite.

She opened the door. The first thing she saw were green eyes that penetrated. She visibly flinched when she recognized May-Rose, who scrunched her nose at her reaction.

"You wanna calm down?" She sneered.

She was out of her uniform and Jamie immediately noticed her pear shaped figure. The garish red apron she wore before hid voluptuous curves. Now she was wearing a lavender slip dress with a lace bustier that accentuated her chest and stopped at her mid thigh. With that,a purse and a pair of black open toe sandals.

"You just startled me." Jamie replied.

"I said I'd come get you, didn't I?" May-Rose asked matter-of-factly.

Jamie nodded, "Something like that...How do you know where I live?"

"The landlord in apartment C. I asked for you."

Jamie grimaced. Should someone really be giving out information like that so carelessly? May-Rose adjusted the strap of her purse before turning around. She goes halfway down the hall before stopping to look at Jamie. "Are you coming?"

Follow a random lady who asked me about ghosts to a second location?

Jamie was quick to grab her phone.

____

Jamie's stomach churned. It did that a lot, typically in moments of stress - whether it be approaching her boss, talking to her mother, or even leaving the apartment.

According to popular belief, the feeling was also a precursor to something dangerous. With that in mind she carefully considered the ramifications that came with following someone she didn't know to their home...under the premise of ghosts no less.

When they entered May-Rose's apartment she was surprised to see it had a similar layout to hers; she assumed different apartments had different floor plans. There wasn't much that made it stand out - save for the incense stick airing out on the entryway table, and a bright red couch (a similar model to her green one).

"You struck me more as a maroon type of girl." Jamie blurts out. May mutters something about it coming with the apartment.

May-Rose stands in the middle of the living room, seemingly waiting on something. 'If this is a bizarre setup to a murder attempt my chances don't seem to slim.' Jamie looks between her and the doorway that she's lingering by.

"I'm back," she calls out toward a bedroom door. There's a pause. Light shuffling. And then the door flew open.

Jamie shrieks.

"You see him?!" May-Rose points towards the vacant doorway, her face bordering on a surprised and ecstatic expression. It's the most expressive she's seen her aside from annoyed and bored.

"Th-The door flew open!" Jamie said breathlessly. She turned to the exit but the woman had grabbed her arm, pulling her toward the haunted door. Jamie's wails grow louder the close she gets.

"Right there, right? You see him?"

"I don't see anything!"

"So- So you still don't believe it? In ghosts?"

May-Rose almost looks worried, however the look Jamie gives her is downright incredulous, tears pricking at the corners of her eyes.

"The door. Flew. Open!" She repeats, "If I wasn't convinced of ghosts before - I am now!"

----

This was alternatively titled 'Curiosity Killed The Jamie' but it wasn't as funny.

- The Elf Queen