Chap 1

Hello to all you Aussie folks out there! I've been a big fan of the NCIS franchise for many years, and I'm excited to see how this new installment turns out!

This is a crossover with NCIS LA, Hetty is the leader of that team, she's awesome. (I love writing LA fics)

As for where this takes place in LA's timeline, I'd say this takes place in an altered Season 14.

This is actually 1 of my oldest WIP's! I started writing this last year soon after this show was announced to be in the works!

Hope you enjoy this nice 1 shot. :)

2022

It was a warm sunny day when Hetty landed in Sydney Australia..

'Feels so good to be off that plane!' She happily thought as she rolled her bag with her to the taxi.

'Miss Lange!' An agent called out to her.

'Sergeant Dempsey! How good to see you!' Hetty cheerfully greeted the man.

'It's so good to see you back in this wonderful country.' JD replied

'I'm glad you decided to meet me here instead of me going to you at work. Can you take me to my home here?' Hetty asked.

She had a small vacation home in Sydney, which she won in a high stakes game of poker.

As they were driving

'Are you here on business?' JD Dempsey asked.

'No. Just needing a break.' Hetty replied.

'Ah, the work being too stressful again?'

'You could say that. This latest mission has really taken a lot out of me this time.'

'Uh oh, you on the run from another country and needing help getting home again?' Jim asked.

'Not exactly.

Jim was referring to the dangerous mission Hetty was on in Syria the year before. After it went south, she fled to Sydney to get help from the NCIS unit that was based there. The team had treated her very nicely.

'Well, if you need help, Just say the word.' JD said.

They arrived at Hetty's homey looking vacation home a short time later.

'Thank you very much, Mr. Dempsey.'

'You're welcome, Miss Henrietta.' JD replied.

After Hetty settled in, she unloaded her bag and pulled out her electronics and papers marked 'Classified', and got to work.

'Just this 1 thing to take care of.' She thought.

She ended up working through the night.

'Oh bugger.' She thought when she woke up and saw the papers scattered.

After cleaning up, and putting her stuff away, she called JD and asked to meet for breakfast.

Later.

'So, how's things back home?' JD asked.

'Okay I guess. I um, actually came here for another reason.' Hetty replied, then she showed him some of the files.

'Wow. This looks like serious business. How did you get involved in this?'

'Not gonna say. All I can really say about this is, I need help completing this. I hope your team is up for the task.'

'I'm sure they will be. You're kind of a popular name here.' JD replied.

'Really? Do tell.' Hetty insisted.

'Some folks at the AFC started looking you up, and asking people they know of from back in the US if they've heard of you, and there's been a lot of stories about your diplomatic skills, how you've supposidly dated princes, and many others. Think any of it is true?'

Hetty smiled. 'Maybe a bit.'

As it turns out, Jim's team was very reliable. Hetty was very impressed by their teamwork. Said at 1 point it reminded her of her own team.