𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

PROLOGUE | the beginning ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

SOME OF THE most influential families in the galaxy entered Aria's home as she watched from her balcony. Her parents had spent years seeking for the ideal prince to govern Cortez alongside her, despite the fact that she was only twelve and turning thirteen the next day. Aria's mother dictated her ideas, persuading her that she was extremely fortunate to be in her position even though all she wanted was to live out her ambition and explore the universe.  She observed the jewellery on her face sparkle as the tiny individuals approached the palace.

Her thoughts are interrupted by a soft knock on her bedroom door, which she knows too well. Her brother Onyx He was only young and hadn't understood a thing that was going on, even though she explained it multiple times.
She got up from her sitting position, unlocking the door.

"Why are there so many people outside?" He asks his older sister. Aria jokingly rolls her eyes before looking back at her brother.

"I've told you before, Onyx."

"I forgot." He admits

Aria walks over to the seat she was just sitting in and pats the seat beside her, motioning for Onyx to sit next to her.

"Mother is trying to find a suitable prince to rule with me." The girl sighs.

"Oh." Onyx hums in realisation. "I made you something." He tells his sister changing the mood causing her eyes to light up.

Onyx reaches into his suit pocket and pulls out the present. He gives Aria the bracelet that he just finished exactly three minutes ago. It was interwoven with purple and star beads. This made Aria grin as it matched her purple dress and corset.

Saying "Thanks, Onnie." Aria is grateful for her brother's present. A second knock on the door is heard after a period of serene silence.

"Aria?" Her mother was there. Rose Cortez.

Aria approaches the door and unlocks it once more.

"Yes," she said, "Mother."

"You must prepare for the ball" she said. Aria realises from her mum.

"I'm ready,"

"You're not, no. Your hair isn't done." She says as a frustrated Aria grunts.

"Onyx, why don't you look for your father?" Rose gives her son advice, forcing him to plod off in that direction.

As her mother positions herself behind her daughter, picking up a hair tie and starting to brush through Aria's waves, Aria sits down at her dressing table.

"I noticed you had been observing from your balcony. Anyone drawn your attention?"
Rose queries her child.

"No." Aria answers quietly. A bow is added to Aria's half-up, half-down hairstyle to complete the look.