So in love with you

The unfamiliar feeling of concern washes over me. It's been three hours and nobody has seen Preston, its ridiculous that I'm worried. When did I ever start caring about that drama queen?
Granted he seemed to be weary being partnered up with nerf earlier, who wouldn't be, the guys a menace!
I don't care either way, I'm just trying to enjoy my Saturday despite having to take care of the stupid egg.
I sneak away from Nikki. I need somewhere quiet and away from everyone's insanity over this shit.
I make my way from the back of the camp to the building, and look up as I enter the cabin. The attic, perfect, no one's bound to be up there! I get a stick to reach the attic door handle and somehow pull the stairs down.
I walk up and...god fucking damn it, someone's already up here. But I look closer and notice, it's Preston. Jesus Christ that's where he's been! Wait...is he...crying? I see the skinny boy whimpering in the corner, with a few bruises scattered on his arms and a black eye. He immediately looks up at me with alarm and stutters out. "Max!! Holy shit!! I-i uh— what are you doing here?" His face was clearly red from being seen crying, and he quickly wiped his tears away. Well this was awkward, I couldn't help but pity the pathetic look of the kid. Nerf must've really got to him. I walk over to him and toss him a cold can of coke I stole from the fridge. Preston looks up at me confused and I face palm "it's for your eye, idiot"
I see the boy's face light up ever so slightly as he thanked me quietly.
I sit down by him, and he looks over at me. I want to kiss this idiot. I hate that I want to, I refuse to believe I love him.
He was so beautiful, even when he cried.
"Max"
"Mm?"
"Thank you" preston bows and looks back up at me smiling.
I  can't believe this dramatic guy, I want to kiss him so bad.