1

Ayaka POV

When walking around Narukami Island and completing my duties, I always seem to feel.. isolated. Maybe it's the girls around me, having friend groups and going shopping. Or the couples that seem so close like they will always have each other. Status has always been a barrier. I don't have time for relations as I have work. I wonder what those relationships feel like. While I do have Thoma and the Traveler, they are like brothers to me. But there is one girl who I consider a friend. She has blonde, sunlight hair, a fiery passion for her craft, and a bubbly personality. Yoimiya Naganohara.

We first met when planning for a festival. All events and affairs on Narukami Island are overseen by the Yashiro Commission so we handle the summer festivals which are a beautiful time of year. She has earned the title "Queen of the Summer Festival" as she is known for her extravagant displays of fireworks. Her fireworks are truly a work of art. Bursts of color in the sky that are easy to get lost and immerse yourself in. During the planning, she eagerly approached me and introduced herself. I am not used to people spontaneously approaching me like that so I was a bit shy. She didn't seem to care about my status and we planned into the night how to make the festival as enjoyable as we could.