8

Ayaka POV

I was having so much fun. I never knew festivals could have this much to do and experience. I am usually on the planning end but I have never gone to one. Yoimiya decided to show me a goldfish scooping game. She said that goldfish make adorable pets and her net broke the first time but the second time, she managed to scoop up a little fish. I attempted to give the game a try and my net broke first try. I wouldn't say a game like this is for me, I am much better at games like shogi. Madam Kujou was also patrolling around the festival and I never thought to see her somewhere like this. I couldn't tell if she was here at work or in her own free time. She is a well-respected woman and we saw her at an archery stall. It seems this caught the attention of a rather energetic one who soon challenged her to a competition. It seemed Madam Kujou was quite irritated and beat the one in an archery competition. The one kept demanding a rematch so Yoimiya went to tell him to be quiet as he was a bit of a nuisance. She seemed to be friends with the oni whose name was Arataki Itto. I heard his name from Ayato as he was recounting the tale of how he invited my brother for beetle fighting. Yoimiya offered to take me to her "secret spot" for the firework viewing and she grabbed me by the wrist as we ran to get there in time. It was a rush of adrenaline that I didnt expect but enjoyed. The look on her face as she was so determined to get there in time so I could see it. She is truly so nice and it makes me smile ear to ear.

Yoimiya POV

Once I was done with Itto, the firework show was about to start. I took her to one of my favorite spots. It was a beautiful hill away from people and you could see the fireworks perfectly. The clear sky and crescent moon made it a beautiful night for a festival. I grabbed her by the wrist as we ran to the spot. We sat down overlooking the island and Narukami Island looks so beautiful from afar. The lights and scenery are just breathtaking. I soon started to get lost in the sparkling stars and fireworks in the sky.  The colors and sparks bursting in the sky, all my creations and ideas coming together to create a display that was nothing short of truly magical. It seems time was flowing by slowly because by the time the show finished, Thoma and Mr. Kamisato found us and asked where we were because of the time. I was kind of nervous to see the literal head of the Yashiro commission approaching us so casually but then it hit me, I literally asked the Shirasagi Himegimi on a date. But it's not like it was romantic or anything, I am just glad we could do this and I am enjoying her company. I promp[tly introduced myself to Mr. Kamisato and he said I could just call him Ayato as it seemed I was friends with Ayaka. It seems the elegance and formality runs in the family as he was very kind. Him and Thoma seem rather close and it seemed as Thoma was like another brother to Ayaka which I found adorable. That aside, this still feels surreal and I wish this night could never end. But as Thoma reminded me, it was getting late. Thoma offered to escort me home as Ayato and Ayaka could get home themselves. As Thoma and I were walking home we were talking about what we did, apparently him and Ayato just got as many snacks as possible and a lot of milk tea for Ayato. I felt so good about what happened today and Ayaka's smile makes my heart flutter. We should definetly go for tea sometime. The fact I can easily ask her like this makes me feel so close to her and I love it. I love her company. I might even love her.

AN note: Hello it's me and thank you once more for all the support and views on this oh my frog. I will be gone for a bit so I will try and bust out a chapter or 2 but I will probably be writing ideas to paste into here the second I get back to my computer. I am dying from this amount of fluff and I have a whole playlist dedicated to writing this. Once again, thank you for being so patient and thank you for reading this far.