Chapter 1

Elderly woman voices

As the tale of the merpeople became a popular myth, many people started making movies and stories about the myth. But no one, not even a single person, saw a real mermaid. The all-powerful sea king. Named, King Kusonoki Masashige, ruled the part of the ocean in Japan centuries ago. He even fought the sea witch Kintoru using his trident (Katana) and banished her along, with her two eels, Enzukai and Netamo.

"Oh, grandma, stop talking nonsense; you're just polluting Ruka's mind with those crazy things," Chiyo says. "Oh? Why not, dear? I'm only telling stories, not nonsense. And I'm not pleased with you saying those disrespectful words now, young lady," Ayame says. After that, when Chiyo was asleep, Ruka snuck out of her room and went to their grandmother's room, surprised that she was still awake. "Oh, Ruka, you're still awake?" Ayame asked. "Grandma, I want another story about mermaids, please." Ruka gave her grandma puppy eyes to look at, and Ayame nodded.

Post Time skip

Ruka is now turning eighteen years old, while her sister Chiyo is continuing the family business after both of their parents passed away in a boat crash, and that made Chiyo have an intense fear of her younger sister dying. So she kept Ruka away from the ocean, but her plan didn't seem to work because Ruka liked to sneak into boats, leaving the fisherman clueless. But one time, though she was caught, the fisherman decided to let her be.

In the depths of the ocean, a pearlescent castle surrounded by kelp was adorned with colorful coral and kelp. Every merfolk and other sea creature gathered in the palace's event hall as they awaited the ceremony. A girl came out of an entrance hall. She has an orange and black tail, with an orange crown on her head. A little seahorse said, "Behold the great-niece of the Sea King, Princess Juno!" She rolled her eyes and whispered to the seahorse not to be so fancy. She swam to a throne with shells all over it. "And now behold the great sea king, King Daku!" Daku was in a shell carriage getting carried by two dolphins, and he sat on his magnificent throne right next to his niece, and the other throne was for the young prince Yasu. "And finally. The son of the great sea king, Prince Yasu!'' But nobody came out in the entrance hall, and Megumi in the background freaked out, and as for Juno, she just facepalmed. She glanced at her uncle, and he was turning boiling red. "Masashige Yasu!" Daku yelled his son's full name.

Far away from the castle, a young merman holds a brown bag, wearing it like a satchel. Most of it is full of human stuff.

"Yasu, wait up!" said a little girl with a red tail holding a doll made with kelp. "Hiachi, hurry up," Yasu said Hiachi was right behind him, and he pointed out a shipwreck. "There it is," Yasu says, pointing at the shipwreck. And Hiachi lied nervously: "Yeah, it's cool, but we should go back. It's scary in here." Hiachi complained. "You're not getting cold fins? Aren't you Hiachi?" Yasu asked. "Me? You see, I have this cough." She coughs unconvincingly, and Yasu raises his eyebrow and sighs. "Fine, you can stay here. Mine is watching a few sharks." Yasu giggled and went inside the hole of the shipwreck. "Watching for sharks, got it? Wait? Sharks?! Yasu, wait up!" Yasu giggled. "Are you okay, Hiachi?" Yasu asked. "Yeah, I'm alright," Hiachi replied.

After swimming, they came across a room with a mini-trident stuck in a floorboard. "Oh my god, this is the most amazing thing I've ever seen." Yasu exclaimed, "Oh, but what is it?" Hiachi asked, "I don't know, but I bet Isamu knows this." Yasu says and puts it in the bag. Yasu also saw another one; it was a telescope. But in the corner of Hiachi's eye, he saw a shark. "SHARK!!!!!" Hiachi screamed and startled Yasu, who shoved the telescope in his bag and grabbed Hiachi's hand. They swam as fast as they could, but the shark was fast, biting every corner of the abandoned ship and even breaking glass. As they got outside, the shark followed them, luckily the shark is stuck in a metal ring. Yasu giggled. "You're really a guppy; "I'm not," Hiachi says. They went to the sea mountain of Fuji, where a small house-built Isamu was collecting kelp, and saw his best friend with new human stuff: "Yasu! "Isamu swam to them." Isamu! Look at what we found! "Yasu says excitedly, dumping the bag of two human things slowly falling on the ground (cuz you know physics...), "Human stuff," and Isamu picked up the mini trident, "Wait. I know this. This is what humans use when they eat." What is it? " Yasu asked excitedly, "It's called a fork. And this one is a telescope; humans use this to see things. That's it," Isamu says, holding the telescope on the wrong side. Yasu was fascinated and holding both of the things. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be in that ceremony with music? " Isamu asked. "Music? Ceremony?! Oh, my dad and my cousin are going to kill me." Wait, it was today?" Hiachi asked. "Thanks, Isamu!" He and Hiachi swam fast.

Now, in a cave, a projection, watching a golden projection of Yasu swimming home, lived a woman who wore a black hat with dead coral all over it and a veil covering her face. "Yes, hurry home, prince. We wouldn't wanna miss old Daddy's little celebration now, would we?" Hah, celebration, indeed. Oh, bah!" Kintoru said while picking up shrimp in a bowl, "In my day, we had a fantastical feast when I lived in the palace," he says while eating a shrimp. "And now look at me, wasted away to practically nothing. Banished and exiled and practically starving, while he and his flimsy fish folk celebrate. Well, I'll give myself something to celebrate soon enough. Enzukai! Netamo! Which startled the two eels. I want you to keep an extra close watch on this handsome little son of his. He may be the key for Masashige Family to end."