Chapter 2

In the underwater castle in the throne room, Daku gives Yasu a disappointed and angry look, " I just don't know what we're going to do with you, young man." Father, I'm sorry. I just forgot." As a result of your careless behavior...the entire celebration was ruined!'' Daku said yelling at Yasu, Hiachi trying to defend her friend. "It wasn't his fault. Uh, oh, first, uh the shark chased us. It's like grrrr, we're like ahhhhh!!! But we were safe until this siren came, and he gave us some cool stuff about human things." Daku heard the word siren and human stuff. "Siren and human stuff?" Hiachi covered her mouth realizing what she said and swam behind Yasu.

He gave Hiachi an unamused look, "Siren and human stuff, What!! Oh, you went there to the secluded place, we're all man-eating sirens again, didn't you?" Daku looks at his son Yasu and replies, "Nothing happened." Yasu smiling nervously, the king sighed, "Oh, Yasu, how many times do I have to tell you that humans and sirens are barbarians." Daku has an angry tone Yasu replies even angrier. "They're not barbarians!" Yasu hated it, his father acting like he was a little kid "They're dangerous. Do you think I want to see my eldest son getting snared by some fish-eater hooker and some man-eating Mermaids?" I'm twenty years old, I'm not a child anymore." Yasu said, "Don't take that tone to me young man unless you live under my ocean, you obey my rules!'' Yasu sighed out of anger. " But if you just listen!" But he was cut off by his father. "Not another word- and I will never hear of you going to the surface again, is that clear? Yasu began to burst into tears and swam out of the throne room and Hiachi followed him.

Daku slumped in his chair while Megumi was cleaning one of the rooms and heard the commotion. "Oh teenagers, I'm glad Kuriko is not like that." Megumi swam to the king and bow down to the king. "Oh Megumi, can I ask you a question?" Daku asks, "Go ahead you majesty, what is it?" "Do you think I was a little too hard on him?* Daku asked thinking he might cost an outburst. But Megumi replied, "Definitely not your majesty, if Yasu was my son, I would teach him who's the boss just like how I teach Kuriko not to be rebellious." She replied

Narrator

No one could keep him under control, I mean no one, couldn't his eldest niece can't even control his cousin in the ocean not meddling in the surface and the siren territory. Megumi had an idea. "Your Majesty, what if I keep an eye on your son, and make sure everything is in control." She said and the king replied, "Wonderful Megumi! That's a good idea!"

Meanwhile with Yasu

In a hidden cave filled with human things, Yasu was lying on a rock looking at the fork and the telescope. "Are you okay Yasu?" Hiachi asks, "No! I wish I could make him understand, I just don't see how a world that makes wonderful things could be bad?" Yasu glanced at Hiachi. He began to sing the song that his mother sang which, the mer children love the song hearing it from the queen and now hearing it from the prince. Hiachi loves this song, Yasu always sang to her whenever she was at the wrong time with her impulsive mother.

So that's why she always goes on adventures with him, Megumi watching it seeing the prince singing the song of his mother song but Megumi notices all the human things, and cough so Yasu and Hiachi pay attention. "Ms. Megumi?" Yasu and Hiachi, "I know you're mad dear, and still have the most beautiful voice. But what is all this?" Megumi asks politely. "It's just my collection." Yasu shrugging. "Right... your collection -" suddenly bursting out of anger. "If your father finds out about this he's gonna ex-" but was cut off by Yasu, "You don't have the guts to tell him? Please, Ms. Megumi, you know my father wouldn't understand." Yasu begged Megumi to keep this secret. Surprisingly she agreed, "Okay dear, I'll keep it a secret. But I'm not sure if the secret can last long. Your father has a sharp mind at his age." Yasu was happy and hugged Megumi. So that Yasu grotto became a little darker, and he got curious and decided to go up to the surface. Hiachi and Megumi followed him, As he got to the surface he saw fireworks and a ship with many people on board, Yasu decided to swim close to the ship and climb a lifeboat finding a little rectangle. Watching human singing in a karaoke machine and a lot of food on the table, until he saw a girl wearing roller skates skating around the ship. An elderly, woman trying to get the girl's attention.

"Ruka, Ruka!" Ayame says while Ruka's talking to her friends, "What's it grandma?" Ruka asks. "I'm got something for you, also pls removed your roller skates dear," Ayame says and Ruka took off her roller skates, her shoes were in her room so she has to walk in socks but didn't mind. As they got to the side of the yacht, Ruka's eyes sparkle it was the roller skates that she wanted for a long time. And she quickly hugs her grandmother: "Thank you, grandma! You're the best!", "I know you've always wanted these pair. Say dear, have you ever had a chance of finding somebody to marry?" Ruka gave her grandmother a semi-disgust look, "I'm not going back to my ex. He was always a body shamer to me and a cheater." Ayame replied, " I'm not saying that I want you to go back to your exes. It's just I've noticed that you had trouble finding a man that truly accepts you." And Ruka moves and sat at the railing of the yacht, "It's just no man can ever love me, is that they see things differently, the way I see things. Plus, Chiyo wouldn't understand. But I know my future husband is out there somewhere." Ruka says, Yasu hears this, and his face turns red. Until he hears thunder he glanced and saw lightning, "Oh no..." Ayame says and, Ruka ran to the of the ship where the party is still going, "Everyone there's a storm Please go to the safety of the guest room." Ruka screams. To warn them and all of them began to panic all of the guests began running in the guest room. And Ruka carefully helps her grandma. The yacht started to get a little wobbly, her old pair of roller skates fell to the sea, and Yasu dive back in the water. But with no choice, Ruka decided to jump down to the ocean. And the captain of the ship began freaking out. She manage to retrieve, one of her roller skates and threw it back into the boat, but the waves got rough pushing Ruka away from the boat. But then she lost her consciousness and dripped back down to the sea the captain, is already freaking out. Yasu seeing this dives back into the water and rescues Ruka and brings her back to the surface seeing the ship going back not letting the girl get on board, he decides to hold Ruka until dawn.

Dawn hit

The ship is Already on shore many of the passengers were okay, except for Ayame. "Captain! Where is my granddaughter?" Ayame ask with a worried look, "I'm sorry Mrs. Ayame we didn't see her when she jumped into the ocean to retrieve her roller skates, and this is what was left." The captain says hold one of the roller skates. And Ayame has tears in her eyes holding the roller skates, losing her granddaughter just like how she lost her son. Part of the beach where the boat was on the dock, Yasu placed Ruka's unconscious body, and he was looking at her for a solid five minutes, "Is she dead?" He questions his mind as he notices that her chest is moving. "Wait! She's still alive." He said in his mind. And begin holding her face, "She's so beautiful."(Im not placing the song here you know the song.) As he sang, the girl starts to wake up, hearing a voice and feeling a hand on her cheek. She placed her hand on his. "I'm definitely going to get fired for this," Megumi said. She slowly opened her eyes. It was blurry at first, but she can make out two brown eyes and a soft expression as he continued to sing,

As Yasu hears an elderly female voice, he dives back into the water. The same with Megumi and Hiachi. He notices a bright magenta on the ocean floor. It was Ruka's other pair of roller skates.

End of Chapter 2