Chapter 8(26)

"... I was busy till Amira called me to have lunch with her. I insisted I didn't want to but she was willing to wait for me till I was done working. I couldn't watch her wait so long and still not go because clearly she was hungry, that was why I went with her."
"So you could stop working for your family friend but not for me, Wow! Just Wow!" I folded my arms I was fighting back tears.
"It's not the way you put it. I'm sorry."
"It's fine. But why didn't I know Amira before now?"
"I rarely spoke to her, she wasn't all that important and she has lived in England almost all her life."
"I see..."
"Yes. So we're cool now?"
"Yeah." I wiped my eyes incase of any trace of tears.
"Alright then, I'll take my leave." He stood up and kissed my cheek. I pulled him back and our lips merged. It was clearly desires of lust burning through my veins. He wasn't sparing me and with no time we were in the bed. I wanted to prove my ownership of him and tell him that he is all mine regardless of how many 'Amira's' in his life. His hands went everywhere and my body was restless. I didn't want to share him with anyone, I didn't even want any girl around him whether family friend or whatever. He stopped and I looked at him.
"Sleep tight gummy bears." He said and kissed my lips again and got down. I managed to stand up and I looked through the window and saw his car drive off.
The next day at work 8am and I asked the secretary to send Clint with two cups of coffee to my office.
"Make sure he brings it himself." I instructed.

***Clint's POV

"Madam Jossy needs you."
"Okay I'll go there immediately."
"She asked you to come with these." She hands over a tray with two cups of coffee.
"What?"
"Yes." I collected the tray.
"Yesterday she didn't complete her lunch 'date' with me and she was rude to me. Today, she turns me to her personal maid." I whispered and shook my head. I knocked and she asked me to come in.
"Please drop the tray and sit." I did as she ordered. "Let's have coffee before it gets cold." I wasn't expecting that.
"See, I know I wasn't all nice to you yesterday so I decided to make it up to you by having coffee with you." She sounded calm and polite.
As much as I hated her rudeness, I loved it equally. I don't like her being all nice to me.
"Was that the reason you turned me to your  personal servant?" We both laughed. We had coffee and it was cool.

*****So, Who I am. *****

I'm Clinton Faraday or Clint for short. I'm the son of nobody. I'm 26years old. I started working with Mr Phillips when I was 20. He helped me from the streets where I was into drugs and theft just to survive. Then, I was 18. I lived with my Aunt who wasn't nice to me even for a second. I ran away from her home at the age of 15 because I couldn't take the pain. I was living with the gang that introduced me to drugs and some other crazy things which I did and that still hunts me. Mr Phillips rescued me from a group of thugs who were willing to kill me one fateful day. He took me home and sheltered me even though he didn't know me. He played the role of a father. It was hard leaving with him because, I had the habit of drugs and theft it was hard before I stopped. He even had to move me from Manchester to Tokyo and to New York where we all are now. He did that so I could change environment and be a better person. At age 21, I still had that habit of stealing and drugs and Mr Phillips put his all and made me a changed person. He enrolled me a Rehabilitation center for a year and that was how I got reformed.

Ever since I've been with him, I never felt lonely. He trusted me despite knowing my past, that's something i can't do; something no one would do. I became his personal assistant despite him having other workers who had been with him longer than me.

              *               *                *

***Jossy's POV

"You haven't told me your age."
"I'm not your mate for sure." He smirked.
"Yeah yeah I know that, just tell me."
"How old are you?"
"23 you?"
"I'm 26. You should be thinking of marriage you know." He teased.
"Says someone who is 2years and some months older than I am." I fired back.
"You are a lady."
"And you are a guy." I smirked and he chuckled.
Clint is really a gentleman and very handsome too.
"But seriously though, you are very pretty, well shaped, intelligent, stubborn, you are all a man needs in a woman. You should think of getting someone yunno?"
"Oh please, stop the flattering. Every guy has his own ways of teasing a lady. Besides, there's someone." I blushed hard.
"Oh!" He frowned.
"Anything?"
"No no nothing."
"Okay, what about you?" He smiled again.
"Well, no for now though."
"Mmmm." I hummed cunningly.
"Oh come on. I still have a lot to settle before getting married." He smiled.
"What about a girlfriend?"
"Still the same, I'll grill my babe into becoming my woman. I don't have time for break ups and get together's. I'm not getting any younger." I giggled.
"We should get back to work. Enough of the chats. I'll invite you for dinner someday."
"Promise?"
"Most definitely."
"Thank you." He smiled genuinely.
"Thank you too." He walked out.
As I opened my laptop for the day's work, I got a message. "Don't think I've forgotten about you Jossy Phillips. I'm just giving you time to stay with your family before you begin to lose them one after the other." My heart skipped. It's been weeks I got any message from this anonymous lady. I called Josh immediately but my call was interrupted by an unknown number.
"Hello." I gulped
"Hello Gummy Bears." She laughed mockingly
"Who are you and what do you want?"
"I don't think it's a good idea leaving your dad alone in the house with some nanny."
"You listen and listen carefully, you have scores to settle with me, you should do that with me. Stay away from my family and loved ones hope you get me!" I was furious. I was so scared but I tried as much as possible to hide my fear.
"Oh Jossy! Jossy! Jossy! you are still very bossy. Maybe by the time you see what I've done to your father then you'll be more loyal."
"Now, you stay away from my Dad!!" She laughed harder this time and I boiled.
"Yeah sure I will, but when he's dead!" She sounded like the devil, vehemently.
"No wa..." She hung up. "Dad! Josh!" Tears trickled down my eyes. I picked up my car keys and ran to the parking lot. I called Josh.
"Hey ba..."
"Josh where are you? My dad's in trouble. I need you to go home now. I'm on my way." I stuttered
"Where are you?" He got all worried.
"I'm at my parking spot in the office. Please hurry." I hung up. I drove as fast as I could home. On my way I was involved in an accident...