15

Reporter Alline Oliveira and her assignment editor sat parked in the BBC van in the shadows of a building at the far end of Russell Square. They witnessed an inconceivable chain of events. Alline still had no idea what it all meant, but she'd made sure the camera was rolling.

As soon as the camera start recording, Alline and her assignment editor had seen a veritable army of men pour out of a dark Audi A8 and surrounding the restaurant. Some had weapons drawn. One of them, a handsome Middle Eastern man, led a team up the front door. There were gun shots. Alline heard nothing and figure they must have had silencers.

Alline adjusted the camera to follow three people as they stepped on the sidewalk, and searched the surrounding area. All of them, though dressed in civilian clothes, seemed to move with military precision.

"Who do you think they are?"

"I'm not sure."

"There is the one who married the Queen." Alline looked riveted. "But, I don't recognize the female behind him."

"The Queen will be so sad."

"Our headlines: 'The Prince gets caught in crossfire while having lunch with a mysterious woman'."

"It wouldn't be a first time for the Royal Family either."

"What do you mean?"

"Where were you six months ago?"

"I was actually in South Africa doing a research on Wildlife crimes. Primary elephant poaching for the illegal ivory trade. These South African elephants are considered endangered. Soon they will be going extinct."

Alline smiled at her assignment editor.

"We are all heading for extinction."

"Not if we use the back of this van."

Alline rolled her eyes.

"Oh, stop it!"

Her assignment editor looked through the windshield. A cloud passed over, obscuring the sun and throwing the road into chill shadow.

"I haven't see her before." He flipped his BBC World News hat backwards. "But I wouldn't mind seeing her again."

Alline snatched the hat from his head.

"Why are all men the same?"