𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊

✤═━┈┈━═✤

"Are you sure you don't need security," Sofia breathed into the phone, her panic evident in her voice, "I can have a team on a plane in seconds."

"Sofia," I smiled when Curtis laid down next to me, his lips peppering kisses down my throat and across my chest, "I promise I'm okay." My hand came up to run my fingers over his shaved head, his warm hands surrounding my hips, pushing me further into the mattress when he hovered over me.

"But we have no idea where Bucky is," that was Sofia's true fear, losing her friends and being alone with him again.

"Fia," I heard the hitch in Sofia's voice, she was trying to calm herself down. "I'm with Curtis, I promise I'll be okay."

"I'll get the legal team ready to wipe records," Sofia sighed and I smiled, I knew my best friend would have my back, "And tell Mickey I sent a team to you, put me on speaker phone." I didn't hesitate to do what she asked. One thing about Sofia Rogers is that you don't make her wait, she's a busy woman who has a million things to do. Acting like a mother to the friend group was at the top of her list, but after losing millions of dollars in product, I'm sure she was ready to take a vacation and never come back. "Curtis," Sofia's voice was stern, making Curtis freeze on my body.

"Yes?"

"If there is a scratch on her I will have no issues castrating you," Sofia was trying to sound tough but there was a fondness to her voice, and I knew it was because she knew how much I loved Curtis, she would never do anything to hurt him, but she was mad, he broke me last year, left me the keys to the house he bought for us and never turned around. I hadn't stepped foot in the building until last weekend when Sofia forced me to take her to it so we could start renovations. She claimed it was an early graduation gift, I just think she was trying to escape Elena and Mickey's relentless arguing.

"Scouts honor," Curtis teased, Sofia erupting into a bubbling laugh. Crazy to think two years ago our group wasn't even a group, we were just rich kids trying to avoid each other.

Steve's voice echoed in the background, "Yeah baby, I'll take care of it, no I don't know where Curtis is," Sofia was rattling off answers to whatever her husband was saying, "He does know that's illegal right? I don't care if Mickey thinks he can because his sister was there, get him off the property," Sofia let out a sigh, "I got to go, your brother decided to be a dumbass, I love you."

"I love you too."

The line went dead shortly after, only the gentle hum of the wind echoing around the hotel room, the open window giving us a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower, glimmering against the dark backdrop of the night sky. It would be romantic if only we weren't fifteen minutes away from breaking into one of the world's most famous museums, and if I wasn't fifteen minutes away from completely altering my life's choices.

Curtis laid flat on his back, hauling me up so I rested on his chest, warm hands snaking under the gray shirt I was wearing. I had missed this with him, the soft intimacy. Curtis was the quiet and intimidating one in his friend group. He hardly spoke even when spoken to. But once the exterior breaks down and the real Curtis rises up to the surface, he's the sweetest most genuine man you'd ever meet. He's laid his life on the line for me so many times, bought me my own home to surprise me, and even though he walked away, he was never too far. When Sofia was kidnapped by Bucky, Curtis was hovering over me, for weeks after she returned, because he wouldn't let something happen to me. He would aways keep me safe.

Even when I'm about to break every national and international law known to man.

"If you changed your mind," Curtis pressed his lips to my forehead, my eyes instantly falling closed, "you can let me know, I promise I won't get mad."