4 | Going Up, Hanging Down

● April 4, 2016 | 2:15 PM

They arrived back at the Agency and Bence stopped the car right in front of the establishment. 

Stasha unbuckled her seatbelt and went out of the vehicle. Bence stepped out as well to talk to her. They spoke to each other over the car's roof.

(Bence) You sure you want ME to hand the photos? I don't know the people involved very well. He might ask about them.

Stasha pondered over his question.

(Stasha) Hm...you know what, that makes sense.

(Bence) Great

(Stasha) Although, I'll let you keep this cave photo.

(Bence) Hm? Cave photo?

Stasha pulled out the picture and gave it to him, in which he took due to curiosity.

(Stasha) I don't think that's significant. Flint told me it was just a random photo he picked up.

(Bence) You could've gave it back to him earlier.

(Stasha) He's very stubborn.

At this point, Bence knew that it is not the time and mood to argue with her, so he folded the photo and put it in a pocket inside his coat. Stasha closed the door and walked past him and the car, though she stopped a few meters away from the Agency's entrance as Bence called her name.

(Bence) Hey, Stasha!

She looked back.

(Stasha) Yeah?

(Bence) Don't be noisy around COL Arlan, alright?

(Stasha) *grins* He always has his headphones on so it's probably fine!

They both chuckled and waved at each other before Bence stepped back inside the car. Afterwards, he drove off to park it in an underground lot owned by the Agency.

Stasha stood before the building, grasping onto the precious photographs entrusted to her by Flint. While she runs her thumb along the surface of the first photograph as if to attempt to clean its hazy quality, she found herself caught between the urgency of handing it over and a desire to keep it.

And so, she came to a complete standstill, lingering at the very entrance of the E.C.A.

The grandiose structure loomed before her, a presence that settled in contrast to the neighbouring rows of simple one and two-story houses. Its six primary vertical towers, each stretching a staggering 112 floors high, form a hexagon when viewed from above. Its entirety always had emitted an air of authority. Its circular rooftops provided a landing platform for helicopters and other airborne vehicles. Yet, even these architectural marvels paled in comparison to the central tower within these six. A monolith of towering stature, soaring up to 151 stories.

A truly brutalist creation.

The structures have a base colour of maroon, complemented with black. White strips of thick LEDs that wrapped around each floor assisted in making it more futuristic and visually packed especially at night. Loudspeakers adorned the periphery of the hexagon, mounted on steel poles to make sure multiple streets can hear any public service announcement. A vigilant presence of guards, stationed meticulously around the base, further fortified the establishment, ensuring the utmost safety and control.