Chapter 09: A "Fun" Double Date

A/N: Sorry it took me a while to update, I got a little busy.

——————————

Sunday was supposed to be my favorite day of the week because it was the only time I could laze around and absolutely do nothing in my room.

Not today, however.

I couldn't relax. At all.

I was sitting in front of my vanity for nearly an hour now, staring at my reflection in the mirror, pondering deeply over what I should be doing later.

I just knew it was going to be incredibly awkward.

How I wished I could just bail. But my boyfriend was kind of looking forward to this day, he really wanted to go and make this double date happen.

Oh, Ryo.

I had initially thought that things would be awkward between us after what happened that day, but he was surprisingly behaving like his usual self around me. He also never asked me questions about Imayoshi-senpai or why I had to leave that time.

Sighing deeply, I glanced at my phone's screen to check the time.

Ryo was going to come and pick me up in thirty minutes, then we would go together to the cinema to meet up with Imayoshi-senpai and Arima-senpai.

"I wonder if senpai is all better now," I muttered under my breath.

That day we had that talk in the rain, he caught a bad cold as expected and he hadn't shown up at school for the next three days. Ryo told me he was coming today though, so he must've probably recovered already. However, the fact that I didn't even know was somehow making my heart clench in pain.

Imayoshi-senpai never contacted me again for the past few days. I didn't try reaching out either.

I knew this was the right thing to do. For the both of us.

Even so,

It hurts.

***

Sakurai Ryo instantly greeted me with a bright smile as soon as I opened the door for him. He looked cute in his casual clothes with his brown hair styled to one side.

"Hey, Aya-chan." He leaned in to press his lips against my left cheek. "You look beautiful today."

I had settled on a black mini skirt and white tank top. I chose a grey coat and a pair of ankle boots. My hair was tied into a ponytail. I didn't wear any makeup aside from the cherry tint staining my lips.

"Really? Thank you," I responded, returning his smile.

Then after bidding my mom goodbye, we left and made our way to the theater.

As we silently walked side by side on the road, I could feel Ryo's gaze on me. I tried to ignore it at first, but he suddenly held my hand, forcing me to look at him.

"What is it?"

He shook his head. "Nothing, Aya-chan. Sorry. I just want to hold your hand. Sorry."

"Oh, alright. But you don't really have to apologize." I gave him a reassuring smile then focused back on the road ahead of us.

Silence reigned for a moment before he gently squeezed my hand, earning my attention once again, as he said, "You know, I feel like I'm making you do something you don't like. I'm sorry, Aya-chan."

I couldn't help but stop dead on my tracks this time. He followed suit. "Ryo, please stop apologizing. It's okay. I'm your girlfriend, so it's natural for me to be here."