1

‧₊˚Jia🖇️

"So? How did it go?" My mom asked me excitedly as soon as I stepped into our house.

"Fine, I guess."

I put my purse on the table and took off my shoes, entering the threshold.

"How do you feel right now?" She followed me to the stairs, her eyes sparkling.

I stopped and stared at her straight in the eyes.

"Still gay." I turned away and continued walking upstairs to my room.

Her smile faltered.

You might be wondering what's happening.

Recently, I came out to my mom as gay. She was accepting at first. Maybe she thought this was a joke or something.

Just after a few days, she asked when I was going to get a boyfriend since I'm already 21. A boyfriend.

Obviously, I called her out on this, but since then our relationship has gotten kind of rocky. She often makes remarks which could be considered homophobic about me.

Last week she asked me to do just one last thing for her, and then she would leave my love life alone, hopefully.

She wanted me to go on 7 blind dates for a week, and if I'm still not straight by the end of it, she wouldn't bother me about this again.

Well, today was the last day, and I'm pretty sure she was hoping for me to change my sexuality in a heartbeat after looking at him. Lol.

To be honest, I didn't even go meet him. I never went to any of the dates. I hate wasting my time, so I'm not really sure how she hasn't found out yet.

I could feel my mom stopping in her tracks. I turned around to look at her. She looked dead serious, and wouldn't meet my eyes.

"So it has come to this."

I raised my eyebrows at her, confused.

"What...?"

She sighed and looked up.

"I'm sorry, Jia, but I'm afraid you will have to do one last thing for me."

"What is it?" I asked, nervous.

Don't tell me she is gonna surprise me with marriage papers or something like that. The last thing I want to do is end up in a shitty Wattpad drama book where I'm in a toxic relationship and even the readers hate me. Scratch that, it's not on my list at all.

She tried for a smile, walking towards me. "Let's go out for dinner tonight."

I was dumbfounded. Why would she be sorry for asking me out to dinner?

"That's it?" I asked.

She chuckled. "No, it's a date."

I widened my eyes. "Mom, I told you I won't go to any more dates! You're being unfair-" I started to protest, but she cut me off.

"I'm the one going on a date," she clarified.

"Eh?" I stared at her, confused.

True, she has been a single mom for over 12 years, and I want her to meet other people, but why do I have to go? It's a date for god's sake.

She took my hand in her's. "I know you might not want to go, but I said I will bring my daughter today."

I frowned at her. "Did you promise, though?" I asked.

She pursed her lips at me. "It will be rude if you don't come, Jia."

I smirked at her. "Trying to make a good impression, ey?" I said teasingly.