Chapter 1- Giving to the Common

It was night in the kingdom of the Mountain Pack empire. The lights were all off, even in the castle. The castle stood at the top of the hill where the kingdom lies. The non-royal members of the kingdom lived in houses surrounding the castle. In the day time, the city was full of people rushing to their jobs or to the shops.

But now, at night, no one was in the streets. All the cars were parked in garages or on the driveway and the people were fast asleep in their beds. All except one.

A white car drove by the houses, the driver searching for one house in particular. The address was 1691 Deer Street. Finding it, he parked out front. The house had two stories and a two car garage. During the day, you can see it was tan colored. The driver parked in the driveway and got out. He was wearing a navy blue t-shirt and jeans. He had green eyes and short brown hair. On top of his head was a golden crown.

He walked to the passenger seat and opened the door. In the seat was a black baby seat with a sleeping baby in it. The baby had white hair starting to grow and tan skin. The man carefully and gently unstrapped the baby and picked her up. She moved but did not wake up. He smiled at her, this was his daughter.

He held her to his chest as he walked to the house's front door. Once there, he knocked three times. When no one answered, he rang the doorbell. He then heard a muffled 'Coming!' from inside. A minute later, a woman in her mid 30s answered the door. She was wearing a light pink night gown and had long blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Hello King Sol." She greeted with a curtsy. "I didn't expect you. Please, come on in."

"Hello Mary." The king answered, walking in.

He was in a small room with stairs to the back right. Next to the stairs was a table with a picture of Mary and her husband Frank at their wedding. Mary led Sol to the left, into the living room. The room had a clutch in the middle facing the far wall. In the middle of the wall was a TV and under it was a small bookshelf. To the right of the couch was a rocking chair and the couch curved to the left. Sol sat in the rocking chair and gently rocked his daughter while Mary sat on the couch.

"I need to ask you and your husband a favor." King Sol said, looking up at Mary.

"Ask away." Mary nodded.

"I need you to take care of my daughter. We are getting close to war and I don't want her to get involved for as long as possible." The king explained.

"I understand. I will care for her as if she is my own." Mary promised.

"Thank you." King Sol smiled, handing his daughter over to Mary.

"What's her name?" Mary asked as she took the girl.

King Sol was already at the door. He stopped halfway out and turned to face Mary. "Her name is Snow."