living hell

ᴛᴡ ɪɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴɪɴɢ ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ

sapnap and sylvee decided to eat lunch in her car- something about the blond needing to change her shirt or whatever.

sapnap didn't care to ask for the details, really. she's his best friend, and he'd go along with just about anything she needed, but being best friends does not give her a free card to be a bitch, so sapnap makes sure to absolutely spam her with light-heartedly pissy texts as he stands outside her car, wondering where the fuck the blond is.

he doesn't mind waiting, but it's a little annoying when the car is locked so he's stuck looking like a lemon as he hangs around outside the mint-green car, leaning against the bonnet.

sapnap sighs as he pockets his phone after not getting any response from the other, looking around the parking lot to entertain himself. people watching is always a great way to spend the time, but it's not all that exciting when all he sees in the span of five minutes is dream's music partner getting into a car and another car pulling into an empty spot right near him.

his boredom quickly becomes frustration when the new-arrival car parks up and george and his friends start stumbling out, laughing at god knows what and just being generally annoying to exist in the proximity of.

he attempts to get his phone back out to make himself look busy, but the attempt is swiftly labelled as a fail when he sees black trainers walking right over to him.

he glances up, hoping the apathy on his face tells the brit that he doesn't want to talk, and lets his gaze flick to where george's friends are all walking off in the other direction.

sapnap audibly sighs.

"didn't expect you to be the kind of guy who drives a fiat 500," george scoffs as he nears the other, only making sapnap hate him more as he eyes up the car that the ravenette is leaning on.

"it's not mine," sapnap feels the need to angrily retort, even though it really shouldn't matter at all if he wants to drive a fiat. he wonders if the car makes george think he's gay (which wouldn't be wrong) and if the comment was some kind of homophobic prod.

george offers him a single, unbelieving, raised eyebrow.

"i'm waiting for someone," sapnap says, still not really sure why he feels the need to explain himself to this dick.

"ah right," george nods understandingly, crossing his arms over his chest, "your girlfriend's, then?" he asks, nodding at the car.

sapnap doesn't know if it's a taunt, or if he's embarrassing himself, but he still replies, "i don't have a girlfriend." he nearly says he's gay right then and there, because he's never been secretive about his sexuality, but he knows that the popular guys are notorious homophobes at their school and he isn't sure if george fits in that group.

...he probably does, since sapnap's already heard him make one shitty joke about his friend's boyfriend.

"who's the blond chick then?"

sapnap feels his fists tense at the almost-derogatory way that george refers to sylvee. his voice is sharp as a knife when he spits, "her name's sylvee."

"okay, sorry," george holds his hands up in surrender, but his words sound weirdly sincere. "sylvee then, aren't you together?"

"she's my best friend."

george smirks, clearly trying to hint that sapnap has a crush or they're friends with benefits or something, and the ravenette just rolls his eyes.

he can feel his constant frustration bubbling up in his stomach, constantly annoyed by george's presence. he almost regrets asking george about the project that first day, if only to avoid ever having to talk to the brit.

"why are you even talking to me?" sapnap questions spitefully, glaring at the british boy.

"i just came to ask you something about music, jesus christ," george laughs at him. "someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, huh?"

sapnap doesn't care what the question was. he doesn't care about george. he doesn't care if it's rude.

he stands up off of the bonnet, turns, and walks away without another word.

george scoffs behind him and it takes all of his strength to hold back from turning around and starting a fist fight with the borderline stranger.

he's so angry. why does george make him so angry? why is it only george's attitude that twists his gut in such an awful way?

because he hates him, that's why.

because he's stupid and annoying. he thinks he's better than everyone else because he smokes and he has a stupid soft accent. his god complex is ridiculous and sapnap wants nothing more than to drag him head-first off of his high horse and push him down into the mud. george thinks he gets to be rude just because he's pretty, and that pisses sapnap off.

he doesn't know if he's relieved, or even more annoyed, when he steps into the school and almost walks head-first into sylvee.

"where have you been?" he questions, feeling immediately bad when the blonde's eyes widen in shock at his tone. "sorry," he's quick to apologise, running his hand down his face as he takes a deep breath. "bad day."

"it's okay," she assures, reaching out to squeeze his upper arm. "i'm sorry for leaving you waiting, i left my phone in the locker room and had to go back. do you wanna talk about it?"

sapnap shakes his head. "can we go to the music room?" he asks with a sigh. "i need to talk to mr cooper."

"yeah, of course," sylvee nods kindly, linking arms with the blond as she begins to lead him through the halls. even though he said he didn't want to talk, she asks, "is this about the project?"

of course, he nods.

if there's one person he can talk to and actually feel understood, it's his best friend. "i hate my partner."

"the british guy?"

he nods.

"what's he done?" she asks almost worriedly, having probably heard about the brunette's 'bad boy' reputation.

"he's just a dick," sapnap mumbles under his breath, aware that a nearby teacher could overhear his language. "like, he refuses to do anything, doesn't care about anyone besides himself, and keeps making it his fucking life mission to piss me off. even when i message him about doing stuff he just sends me stupid memes or doesn't reply at all."

sylvee groans sympathetically, "that's so annoying."

sapnap nods, stopping to knock on mr cooper's door when they arrive at the classroom.

after a moment, he pushes open the door, just to find that the teacher isn't there.

after checking, they discover he isn't in the staff room either, so sapnap swallows back his complaints and tells himself to stop being a pussy.

love you all !!

-kit