-°✦*.° ᴀᴄᴏɴɪᴛᴇ • ɪ

☆°.*•~✦ ᴀ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴏғ ғʀᴇsʜ ᴀɪʀ ✦~•*.°☆

・━━━━✥♡✥━━━━・

        "Huh, so you were actually right about them waiting in the library." Yunan mused after seeing the group of first years approaching Trey by the bookshelves, impressed as he looked over at [Name]. He had taken note of her observational and deduction skills before, and here it was again, proving to be as amusing as the first time he had witnessed it.

        But instead of replying with her usual remark, Yunan only got a wry smile in return. As much as she would love to play it off as nothing, as if what happened earlier still didn't affect her, she couldn't bring herself to commit fully. "I just came to that conclusion from past experience with baking with Trey-senpai." A grimace, however, slipped past her poorly put-together mask when she saw her juniors all collared, Grim included.

        "So, they all got collared, huh?" Yuu spoke everyone's thoughts, all while a bitter expression fell over his face. "I wonder if I would've gotten collared too if I was there." His musing was done under his breath, meaning it most likely wasn't meant for anyone to hear.

        But [Name] did, and she began to think it over as well. Had Yuu been there, would he have gotten afflicted with Riddle's unique magic too? If the collar on Deuce's neck said anything, especially if he hadn't been as open with speaking his mind as Ace, then something told her yes. Well, most likely, that was. And she then understood it happened because she had run away and abandoned them earlier. The realization brought forth a dread, gathering in the pit of her stomach and forming a lump in her throat. How was she going to face them all normally after everything was over...?

        "So?" They heard Ace insist upon walking closer. "What are you planning on doing about him? You know, since dorm leader and you are childhood friends and all. Don't tell me the ass-kissing starting when you were kids."

        The sudden news dropped on them stopped [Name]'s group from making their presence known. Trey and Riddle...childhood friends? Somehow, those two hardly seemed like friends, much less ones from years ago. "Huh?" Trey's shoulders stiffened at his harsh words, and he looked over his shoulders at them. "How would you know about that?"

        "Childhood friends, huh?" As the mumble fell from Linett's lips, he stole a glance at Yunan. "So that annoying cat can be useful sometimes too..."

        "Che'nya-senpai told us." It was Haru who took the initiative and made everyone aware of them.

        "Senpais and Yuu, you're all here." Deuce's comment laced with an underlying relief when his sight landed on a certain beret-wearing senior of his.

        "Oi, Henchmen! Where have ya been?!" The little gremlin stomped up to Yuu and [Name], huffing and puffing as he did. This would usually be when they'd laugh at his overreaction, but it certainly wasn't an overreaction this time. He had every right to be upset with them. "I got collared 'cause I had to defend your names! Whaddya gotta say about that?!"

        The humourless chuckle from the magicless student displayed his emotions. "I'm sorry, and thanks, Grim."

        After the apology from Yuu, the girl bent down to his level, gently collecting him into her arms. "Yuu-san already said what I wanted to say, but," even if remnants of the prior event still lingered in her head, even if forcing on a smile felt so out of reach, the next few words harboured nothing but the truth, "thanks for staying for us, Grim-san."

        "H-Hmph," his resolve wavered at the genuineness of his henchmen (though he didn't seem to mind being held by [Name]), "I guess I can forgive you both this time. But only this time!" Dammit, how was he supposed to stay mad at them when they were like this?!