Chapter Two

Does anyone else have first day jitters?

Because I definitely do. But at the end of the day, I'm getting a better job that pays well and all has been well. I can finally move out of my parents' house and the only one left in the nest will be my little brother. Nothing wrong still living with your parents at the age of 22 I just want to be more financially stable.

As I am brushing my teeth in the hotel bathroom, there is a knock in the hotel door. When I go to open the door, there is a guy who is stood in head-to-toe McLaren gear.

"Hey, it is Daisy, right?" The guy questions. I nodded yes to him unable to answer him as I'm still brushing my teeth 'great first impression Daisy, couldn't be bothered to put the stupid toothbrush down'. "Great as it is your first day, and on behalf of the McLaren team we have a little gift for you. You are expected to be at the McLaren office within the next hour. The meeting doesn't start until 10am. We would start at 9 but Lando is late nine times out of ten. Right then, I shall leave you get ready and once your are done, head to the hotel reception, and they will send you a driver." And with that the guy leaves.

Not mysterious at all...

I gather the box on the bed and open it up. It contains McLaren gear; I pull out the t-shirt and pair it with the rest of my outfit. I'm glad the top is a little baggy, I get self-conscious when you can see my stomach. I'm not the skinniest of girls and trust me I want to lose weight, but I love food and plus clothes that are little bigger than you are comfortable to wear. I notice passes and key thobs are in the box and I take them and put them in my bag and put a pass with my ID around my neck. I tidy the rest of the hotel room up before I leave. It's always nice to come home to a tidy room. The guy wasn't joking when they would send a driver to pick me up, drive me straight to the office. I arrive with half an hour to spare.

I walk to the little canteen and start to grab a cup and hit the coffee machine to start preparing a cappuccino.

I need my daily coffee.

"Hey Daisy, How you are finding your first day so far?" Carlos says.

"Well, considering I've been here all of what?... 5 minuets, its going great." I say to him sarcastically. We both laugh and wait for our drinks to be made whilst Carlos is telling me who is going to be in the team meeting.

"I don't understand why I need to be in the meeting. I will be catering to you and Lando on the track for like interviews and stuff." I questioned Carlos. Carlos puts my brown sugar in my coffee, smiling at him. I gave him a small thank you as he passed my coffee to me and then proceeded to his own. "I feel sure I should be doing your drink not the other way round." I laugh.

"Well consider at as a welcome to the team gift and for today I think it will be just a welcome formality and head to the track." Carlos says. Carlos proceeds to guide me to an office where instead of plaster walls it has glass with the McLaren logo on each windowpane. I take a seat next to Carlos and wait for my colleagues to enter.

The meeting takes around 3 hours and Carlos was right it was just a formality. As the hours went by the jitters died down and it started to feel like I've been working here for a week already. The team is great and welcoming. As it is Monday, it is the beginning race week in Monaco so everywhere is busy and Monday afternoon has been slotted for McLaren to go to the paddock and track to have a wander and have a few interviews. I walk to the car that is waiting for me, Carlos and Lando.

"I don't think we have met properly but I'm Daisy and I'll be working with you Carlos until the end of this season before my move to Ferrari." I put my hand out to shake his.

"Well hello Daisy I'm Lando. And I know who your are, Carlos and Zak haven't stopped talking about you." Lando laughs and pulls me into the hug. Lando laughing automatically makes me laugh.