Cheerleader

Adam dropped me at my home at night.. The blue diary was still in my hands. 

I thought.. Who is Vehemence? Was he/she the one who abducted Andrea? 

My chain of thoughts was interrupted by my pup Boomer who came sprinting to me with a bright sparkle in his eyes. He kept swishing his tail in delight and looked at me with the most endearing eyes anyone could have detected. 

I ate some leftovers in the fridge and then focused on the investigation again.. It doesn't make sense. Even though Tiana is Ethan's girlfriend... She couldn't have possibly kidnapped Andrea as she must have been busy with Ethan. However.. There is a slim chance that she could've hired a kidnapper to do the work.

It still didn't connect with what was written in Andrea's diary.. "Vehemence". I felt a sharp pain in my chest after reminiscing the word again and again. damn it!

* Ring ring * 

My phone jolted on the table. I saw the display screen which showed an unknown number. I picked up.

"Hello?" I said waiting for the other side of the phone to say something..

"Helllloo?" I said again.. This time a little recklessly. I was about to hang up when I heard a voice. A voice that sent chills down my spine.

" T-this is Andrea speaking.." said the voice in a frightened and tranquil manner.

" What?" I said while getting up from my bed.

" IS THIS A PRANK CALL?" I said in a loud voice..

"No-no.. I-I am lost.. Ple-please, help me!" said the cracking voice from the other side.

" ANDREA? Is that really you? Where are you?" I barged with the questions lingering on my mind for a very long time..

" I don-don't know.. It is r-really da-dark and I am scared.. I want to live.. P-please I BEG YOU. SAVE ME!" yelled the voice in hysteria.

"ANDREA?" I shouted on my phone wondering what happened.. I called her name again but there was.no.response.

The number hung up and that left me scared. spooked. plagued. 

My head was spinning like a train running in circles.

Abruptly, I got another call.. This time it was Adam. 

" Adam you won't believe what just happen-" Before I could utter anything else, I heard Adam's rushed voice.

"Juliette. You NEED to reach the oak valley woods RIGHT NOW.. We-we found a dead body and it MAYBE of Andrea.."

My eyes widened with stupefaction as Adam hung up. Dead body? B-but Andrea, she just called me. SHE CALLED ME! 

H-how?

I put on my overcoat and hurried out of my house and ran to the oak valley woods like a crazy asshole who is going to miss a flight. 

I reached there and saw Adam waiting for me. His brown eyes scanned here and there. His face was covered in sweat and his hand was on his mouth. 

I gasped for breath and then looked at him.. "Wh-what happened?" I barely whispered to him. 

" You need to follow me Julliete.. We found Andrea's dead body.."

" I-it can't be Adam. Andrea.. Sh-she-"

" Look Julliete. We can talk later.. Right now.. We really need to go.."

I followed Adam in the woods and as we came closer and closer, I started hearing the sirens of cops and ambulances. 

We reached there and what I saw next terrified me. 

There she was. Her blonde hair was messed up and her blue eyes were staring at the sky full of nothing.. 

I just stared at her looking petrified. I felt so nauseous. 

I then realized that she was wearing her cheer uniform.. What? Why? When? How?

These questions were burning my mind. 

I asked Adam without moving my eyes from the body " Cause of death?"

Adam said- " There are rope marks on her neck. So she was possibly strangled to death."

I said-" Adam.. Why is she wearing her cheer uniform? That is NOT what she was wearing the day she went missing.."

Adam said- " I have no idea Jul.. Andrea was found dead by a tourist today at 8:30 pm.."

I came closer to the body to see it more clearly. Tears were welling up in my eyes but I evaporated that feeling. A detective can't cry over a dead body. That is what I was taught. I saw a mobile in her hand and a rope in the other.

I called the forensics to seal her mobile and the rope in a quarantined bag and told them to take the body to the lab. 

My eyes then shifted from the scene to an old couple. They seemed to be Andrea's parents. The sight of them made my heart scream. The woman was screaming and repeating her daughter's name AGAIN and AGAIN. Meanwhile, the man was holding her wife and hugging her tight. 

"Adam.. We need to talk"

                                                                                ***

Hi!! Here I am with a twist-turned-episode.. 

I hope ya all are spooked lol

From your gurl~

Yanyan