Wendigo

1
Sam walked through the cemetery, flowers in his hand and he wore a suit. He made his way over to the stone with Jessica's name on it, a few candles, a photo, and a teddy bear were placed on and around it.

Sam sighed and took a few seconds to speak "I, Uh..." he huffed a laugh "You always said roses were lame, so I, brought you, Uh..." Sam looked at the photo in the stone and looked away as tears filled his eyes "Jess... oh god." He kneeled in front of the stone "I should have protected you. I should have told you the truth."

Sam leaned in and placed the flowers against the front of the stone, an arm reached up from the dirt and grabbed his arm.

Sam jumped up in the car, he took a moment to realize where he was. Dean looked at him in concern.

"You okay?"

Sam looked over and back "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Another nightmare?" Sam cleared his throat "At least someone is getting sleep." Dean looked in the rear view mirror and back to the road, Sam turned to look and saw Ethan staring at him. His eyes almost unblinking as his small fingers played with the wheels on the car.

"You wanna drive for a while?" Dean asked and Sam turned back to the front.

Sam lightly laughed "Dean. Your whole life you never once asked me that."

"I just thought you might want to. Never mind." Dean dismissed.

"Look man, you're worried about me. I get it, and I thank you, but I'm perfectly okay."

"Mm-hm." Dean hummed, unimpressed. Suddenly, Ethan had climbed over the seat, somehow out of his car seat, and made the brothers jump.

"Ethan Samuel! How did you even get out of your seat?"

Sam chuckled "Dean, it's okay." Sam let the boy climb into his lap and put his arm around him, Ethan laid his head on Sam's shoulder. Dean turned and made eye contact with his son before the boy closed his eyes. "I've got him." Sam grabbed the map off the dashboard "Alright, where are we?"

"We are just outside of Grand Junction." Sam looks at the X marked on the map with the coordinates and sighed.

"You know what? Maybe we shouldn't have left Stanford so soon."

"Sam we dug around there for a week. We came up with nothing. If you wanna find the thing that killed Jessica-."

"We gotta find Dad first." Sam finished for Dean. He sighed as he looked away from the map.

"Dad disappearing and this thing showing up again after twenty years, it's no coincidence. Dad will have answers, he'll know what to do."

"It's weird, man. These coordinates he left us. This is Blackwater Ridge." Sam said as he looked at the map.

"What about it?" Dean asked as he put his eyes back to the road.

"There's nothing there. It's just woods." Sam dropped the map into his lap, being careful to avoid hitting Ethan "Why is he sending us to the middle of nowhere?"

They drove past a sign that welcomed them to Lost creek.

At a ranger station, Sam looked at a 3D map of the forest. Ethan still asleep in his arms.

"So Blackwater Ridge is pretty remote. It's cut off by canyons here, rough terrain,dense forest, abandoned silver and gold mines all over the place."

"Dude, check out the size of this freaking bear." Dean said, looking at a photo on the wall.

"And, a dozen or more grizzlies in the area. It's no nature hike." Sam said coming up behind Dean.

A voice behind them made them whip around "You boys aren't planning on going out near Blackwater Ridge by any chance? Especially with that little one?" The guy pointed to Ethan with his free hand.