Dead in The Water

1

The impala was parked in front of building labeled 'the Lynwood Inn'.

A nearly empty plate sat in front of Dean as he circled articles and obituaries in newspapers, Ethan sat next to him with a plate of half eaten strawberries as he zoomed his car around on his place mat.

A blonde waitress moved up to the table "Can I get you anything else?" Dean looked up and grinned around the pen in his mouth, Sam walked up to the table and sat down.

"Just the check,please." He told her, she smiled wide.

"Okay.The kids' a cutie pie." And she walked away. Dean turned his head to look at Ethan, then dropped it dramatically. He looked back up to Sam.

"You know,Sam, we're allowed to have fun once in a while," He pointed to the waitress in a confirmed manner "That's fun." Sam looked at him unimpressed before Dean sighed and looked away, he then handed Sam a newspaper "Here, take a look at this. I think I got one. Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin. Last week Sophie Carlton, eighteen, walks into the lake,doesn't walk out." Sam looked to Dean as he explained "Authorities dragged the water,nothing. Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year.None of the other bodies were found either. They had a funeral two days ago."

Sam looked away from the newspaper with a confused face "Funeral?

"Yeah,it's weird, they buried an empty coffin. For,uh, closure or whatever." Dean waved a hand and turned back to the papers he was reading.

"Closure?" Sam scoffed "What closure? People dont just disappear,Dean. Other people just stop looking for them." He gave Dean an accusing look, making the older brother turn to him with a glare.

"Something you wanna say to me?"

"The trail for dad," Sam sighed curtly "It's getting colder everyday."

"Exactly. So what are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know, something. Anything."

"You know what? Im sick of this attitude.You don't think I wanna find Dad as much as you do?" Dean asked him with anger built up.

"Yeah, I know you do, it's just-." Dean cut him off with more anger, Ethan stopped moving his car around and Stared at the brothers.

"Im the one with him almost every single day for the past two years, while you've been off to college going to pep rallies. We will find Dad,but until then, we're gonna kill everything bad between here and there. Okay?"

Sam rolled his eyes as the waitress walked by again, Dean leaned to get a better view. Sam watched her pass for a few seconds before he turned back to his papers.

"Alright, Lake Manitoc." Sam looked up and noticed Dean was distracted "Hey."

Dean looked back "Huh?"

"How far?"Sam asked.

The impala drove past a yard with sheets hung up, then over a bridge where a man fished on it. They then passed a sign that welcomed them to Lake Manitoc.

The impala pulled up to a small cabin like house and stopped.

A man opened the front door with short hair and dark eyes "Will Carlton?"

"yeah,that's right."

"Im agent Ford," Dean pointed to Sam "This is Agent Hamill, this little guy is Ethan." Ethan looked up and hid behind Dean's leg "We're with the US wildlife service." He held up an ID.

A similar man to Will was sat on a bench on the dock by the lake when the four approached, They stayed a bit away as Will stopped. Ethan took a few steps away to look out onto the lake, his stare was set and solid.