Photo Op

Mr. Jefferson diverted his attention from Victoria to me. "Umm, I was talking to him first," Victoria said while laying half way on top of his desk. I rolled my eyes and Mr. Jefferson said, "No Victoria, I'd never let one of photography's future stars avoid handing in her picture." I gulped and rubbed the back of my neck, "Umm, I haven't found the right muse yet I guess..." He sighed, "Delilah you're a lot better photographer than a liar. Now I know it's a drag hearing an old dude lecture you on things you already know but life won't wait for you to play catch-up." I just don't think this contest is of such importance... "You do have a gift, you have the urge to take photographs, to frame the world how you see it, now all you need is the courage to share that gift. That's what separates the artist from the amateur." He turned around and started talking to Victoria again, I understand what you're throwing my way but...I don't know if I'm ready for my 15 minutes of infamy I shrugged off the thought and decided to go to the bathroom. I opened the door and stepped into the hallway, welcome to the real world. I surveyed the hallway and then took out my headphones and put them on, splash some water on my face and make sure I don't look like a total loser. I switched my music on and drowned out my surroundings, I sighed and headed toward the bathroom. I stopped at my locker but decided against opening it, I don't like other people seeing what's in my locker. I passed Justin who was talking to Dana, her clothes are always so interesting, sometimes I wonder how strict the dress code really is. Next I passed Daniel who was being shoved against a locker by Logan, I wish I had the ability to help him. I looked down and tried to push the thought away, I stopped in the middle of the school and looked around, I still can't believe I'm here. I spotted the bathroom and opened the door and walked in, I turned off my music and took my headphones off, "Empty. Good. Nobody can see my melt down. Except for me." I took a deep breath and noticed a drawing on one of the mirrors, It was a mustache, a pair of glasses, and a crown, "I feel like the universe is taunting me everywhere I go today. It all started with that bizarro dream in class... Am I going crazy?" I turned on the faucet and splashed my face, I then took out the photo I was going to give to Mr. Jefferson, I looked at it and laughed, "You have a gift," I ripped the photo up, "Fuck it," I then threw the pieces on the ground and sighed. All of a sudden I heard something that sounded like wings fluttering, I turned around and saw a beautiful blue butterfly come in through the open window, "When a door closes, a window opens... Or, something like that." I walked towards the butterfly carefully and watched it land on a bucket next to some custodial supplies, "Okay girl, you don't get a photo op like this everyday..." I took out my camera and tried to get the perfect angle, I took the picture and then it got off the bucket, Thanks for posing. I shook the photo for a second and then crammed both back in my bag. I got ready to head out when I heard the bathroom door fly open, I peered out of the side of a bathroom stall, What the hell? Why is Nathan Prescott in the girls bathroom?

"It's cool, Nathan.. Don't stress... You're okay, bro. Just count to three..."

He paced the bathroom until he put both hands on a sink, looking up at the mirror.

"Don't be scared... You own this school... If I wanted, I could blow it up.. You"re the Boss..."

I watch quietly as the bathroom door flew open again but this time a girl with short blue hair walked in.

"So what do you want?"

He looked at the girl who started pushing the stall doors open,

"I hope you checked the perimeter, as my step-ass would say. Now, let's talk bidness-"

She suddenly stopped as she came to the last stall, where I was standing on the other side, I held my breathe.

"I got nothing for you," he replied cutting her off,

"Wrong. You got hella cash," she walked up behind him,

"That's my family, not me," He said not looking up from the sink to look at her.

"Oh boo hoo, poor little rich kid. I know you been pumpin' drugs n' shit to kids around here... " He shook his head and she stood right next to him and almost got in his face, "I bet your respectable family would help me out if I went to them. Man, I can see the headlines now-" It looks like she struck a chord because he suddenly became angry,

"Leave them out of this, bitch," He replied curtly but it didn't look like she took the hint.

"I can tell everybody Nathan Prescott is a punk ass who begs like a little girl and talks to himself-" She shoved him twice and then he took a hand gun out of his red jock jacket, my eyes widened, What the hell?! He won't shoot her or... will he?!