5.Chemistry

September 29
Chemistry

Trinity, the master of social connections, possessed a unique talent for uniting people. She saw potential collaborations where others saw none, which led her to concoct a plan to merge Thomas and Alice's parties, with Thomas as the host. However, there were a few complications. Thomas had no specific reason for hosting the party, and it wasn't even taking place at his house. This left us all perplexed about the guest list. Nonetheless, we couldn't risk disappointing Alice by excluding her friends from her own birthday celebration.

Understanding Trinity's vision, I took it upon myself to approach Thomas and gauge his interest. Unfortunately, he appeared hesitant, leaving me uncertain about his intentions. I sent Trinity a text, updating her on the situation, while glancing at Thomas, who was engrossed in conversation with Maria across the table.

Curious, Trinity texted,
"What did he say?"
"He didn't give me an answer. Amir's terrible football throw interrupted our conversation," I replied.
"Where are you right now?" Tri inquired.
"In chemistry class," I responded.
"Please mention it to Thomas again," she requested.
"Fine, but this is the last attempt. I'll try not to sound desperate and start thinking about a backup plan," I replied, determined to make it work.
She responded with a thumbs-up and an encouraging message:
"You've got this. Don't take no for an answer. Also, try to understand his intentions."

I glanced at Thomas, then back at my phone, taking a deep breath before making another attempt.

Meanwhile, chaos ensued as Maria shouted at Thomas to retrieve a beaker shaped like a graduation hat, but he seemed more interested in checking out the girls than the beakers. His comment about failing 10th grade twice irked me, and I couldn't help but snap, "Are you trying to make it three times?" Irritated, I walked over to the stand and grabbed the beaker myself.

Unexpectedly, Thomas casually dropped the bombshell, saying, "By the way, I mentioned the party thing to Mika and told him you wanted an invitation."

"Mika? You didn't!" I exclaimed, removing my goofy science goggles in disbelief.

"Isn't that what you hinted at the other day in gym?" Thomas questioned, attempting to defend his actions.

"Did you even listen to a word I said? I asked you to merge the parties!" I retorted, frustration mounting within me.
Thomas nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders and replied, "You should have been clearer."
"I was clear! And I don't even attend parties, Thomas. I have a thermometer, and I'm not afraid to use it," I threatened, attempting to regain control of the conversation.

Thomas pointed at my headscarf from afar and asked, "You don't go to parties because you're Muslim?"

"Thomas, I attended your 8th-grade graduation party with my brother," I countered, reminding him of the past. "I was Muslim back then."
"Are you sure about that? Your hair was out," he remarked.

Marie found the entire situation amusing and burst into laughter, but I found it rather pathetic. In an attempt to escape the absurd argument, I pretended to inject myself with the thermometer, exaggerating my actions, and then laid my head down on the lab room table, closing my eyes as if I were dead. It was my way of finding solace in the midst of the nonsensical bickering.

Finally, Thomas revealed his other plans, explaining, "Uh, merge the parties? Zoya, we already had other plans in mind. It was a party for Mika at his place, celebrating him joining the school."

"It's your loss then. Alice will never get to know what an amazing host you could have been," I replied with a hint of disappointment.

"I don't want to cancel on her, but merging the parties isn't a good idea," Thomas hopped onto the seat besides me
"Wait what did Mika say when you asked about me?"
"He said you definitely didn't ask for an invitation.
And he said I know her and I know her family they would never let her come."

He's right I never asked for an invite stupid Thomas
With a heavy sigh, I realized that Trinity's grand plan might not come to fruition.

Thomas continued "I'm surprised he really only knows your family and the Washingtons. He only asked me to get a couple of people from this school the rest would be kids from his private."

I glanced at Trinity's text, her unwavering support echoed in my mind, urging me to persevere and find a solution that would bring smiles to everyone's faces.
"So why are we excluded?"
"He told me Tyrese sent him to the hospital and how he respects your brother Adam a lot, kinda got jealous because Adam was my guy."
The bell rang and Chemistry was now officially over.
Thomas waited for me to grab my stuff and even helped put the tools back.
We walked out the class together and he headed for his locker

"Heyy you can make it up to Alice, I know Trinity sent you on this mission. She's lame for that. She thinks we can't be cool anymore just because I had a tiny crush on her.
Big brains this guy.
"Tiny? And we're going to figure it out I guess."

I turned back walking away now seeing Mika and Harith.
Harith gave me a hug then pushed me before walking off and Mika just laughed.

I didn't care I was busy thinking about Trinity. She turned down Mika and Thomas. Wore makeup. And Thomas seems cool so I don't get it. Why?