Chapter 5 Home🍎

Y/N pov

I woke up with a huge headache. I blinked a few times and used one on my hands to rub my eyes. I looked down at my other arm and saw Lexi, still snoring softly. I sighed, but then it hit me.

We weren't on the bus anymore. We were sitting on a satin couch in a colorful looking living room. Our framed pictures hung from the walls, the same ones I had packed away. I gently adjusted Lexi so she would be leaning against the couch's armrest. She still was deep in sleep. I stood up and looked around.

Everything was our furniture, the book shelves, the picture frames, and now that I looked at it the couch. Except everything was so colorful, the couch was even more vibrant and just a soft as new satin. Of course there was other furniture that I didn't recognize. A leather armchair with a fluffy blue pillow on it, an old square TV that looked like it was from the 80's, a fuzzy circle rug that was rainbow colored from the center, and a bunch of string lights hanging around the room.

I walked into a colorful kitchen. Pots and pans hung from a rack on the ceiling. The counters were all white marble, and a large island sat in the middle of the kitchen. It had bar three stools in front of it. There was a light coral colored refrigerator. It seemed so new, so expensive, and just so beautiful and colorful. I walked through the house, taking in all the colors.

I found two bedrooms at the end of a hallway. One was girly and cute, it looked like a more upgraded and more beautiful version of Lexi's old room. It had a big bed with a princess canopy. The bed was covered in soft pillows and plushies. There were even more plushies sitting on shelves. The weird thing was these were all plushies Lexi had looked at and wanted to get but I never had enough money to buy them for her. The walls had all her drawings hung about. And the other parts of the shelves were filled with toys, books, and art/crafting supplies. a large wardrobe sat in the corner. I slipped out and walked into the other room.

It was less childish but still as colorful. It had a large queen sized bed with fluffy pillows and a large rainbow colored quilt. The shelves were full of books and trinkets. There was a large vanity with hairbrushes and combs and all sorts of hair stuff. There was a closet attached to the room. There was a small armchair with a blanket laying on it.

I walked back into the living room where, I saw Lexi. She was fully awake, sitting up and looking around.
She saw me and looked at me with confusion.

"Daddy? Where are we?" She said.

"I don't know...." I said my voice trailing off as I took in my daughter.

Lexi wasn't wearing what she originally had on when we got on the bus. And it was far from anything I could afford for her.

It was a blue sundress with spaghetti straps, and she was wearing a pale pink and purple striped turtleneck underneath it. She had on matching pale pink and purple striped socks that went up to her knees, along with a pair of black mary janes. She also had a black headband.

She noticed the change in clothing and stood up and wobbly spun around.
"I look so pretty!" She squealed, "Daddy you look pretty too!"

I looked down at my clothing and saw I wasn't wearing what I had on before either. It was a sky blue cardigan with rainbow stripes going up the sleeves. My shirt was a white turtleneck along with a pair of deep blue jean shorts. I had on rainbow striped socks that went above my knees, and brown and white dress shoes. My hair was still pulled back but with a sky blue ribbon.

"What in the....well it does look nice...." I said, adjusting the sweater on my shoulders. "Alright Lexi, don't panic but I have no idea where we are."

She hobbled over to the window by the front door and looked outside. "Pretty!" She said.

I looked over her and outside. It was pretty. No, no getting distracted! You and your daughter are who knows where! Your parents are probably super confused! For all you knew this was just a dream! But it seemed so real.

Lexi tugged on my shirt. "Is this our new home Daddy? I love it!"

I look out the window, towards the perfectly clear blue sky and the perfect gardens and colorful houses. That's when I remember something. The letter, this may just be our new house, but nothing made sense. We just woke up here, with all our furniture, and other furniture.
I sigh and pick her up. "Maybe it is, we'll just have to find out."

That's when a loud knock was heard on the door. I jumped and nearly dropped Lexi. We both looked towards the door. Then we glanced at each other. Lexi smiled, and I smiled right back nervously.
There were more knocks on the door and I stood up straight.

"Coming!" I said with an almost sing song tone.
I opened the door with a smile on my face. "Hello, can I help you-"

"Well Hello, neighbor! It's lovely to meet you!"
Standing in front of me, holding his hand out for me to shake, the person who was knocking on the door, was Wally Darling.
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜