prologue

It was a bright summer day, on a house on the corner of the street was a girl sat at her bedroom window staring into space buns her hair a Jet black hair and her skin was Sunkissed, as it was Saturday she was still in her PJs, her name was CeCe Roberts

And if I could only
I'd make a deal with God

The lyrics to running up that hill blasted the in the room. As she got up, she surveyed the contents of her room and smiled brightly. Luckily, she didn't have to wear her uniform as it was the last day of term
“dior or gucci," she asks her self gucci is chic. But dior was preppy and she couldn’t where both together because that would be tacky…so what to wear. She looked at the extra box of stuff she had and put on a pair of denim shorts with a stripped polo, and just like that, it was gonna be summer break in 5 hours and 20 minutes.

***
Ryan atwood looked out the window on a hot cheno morning it had been two days since  he abandoned his adopted family for his pregnant ex-girlfriend, His brother seth must be across the Passific ocean by now, he could call him but seth seemed pretty pissed at him when they last talked so he didn't really want to make things right at this moment.

His head turned as a beautiful Latina girl walked into the room. "mom made breakfast, and then I have that appointment at the doctor." She says, trying to contain her smile.

Ryan raises his eyebrows at the mention of breakfast and smiles. " I will be out in a minute. I just need to call someone," he says as she goes he typed in marissas phone number.

As the phone connected, his stomach started to feel sick. He missed his friends, Newport, and his family, but he had to get away. "Hey, marissa..."

***

School was fun for Cece as she had a small group of friends. Their names were Margo, the fierce leader, Lucy New York's it girl, and Nova, the artistic astrologer. Cece, however, was the rebellious filmmaker.

Cece, being Cece, pulled out the camera and started to film Nova. "Here we have a rare sighting of Nova in her natural habitat..." She mocks in her David Attenborough voice.

Her best friend hid her face. "Stooop C. But you're getting good at that David Attenborough impression, just for your suckimentry. "She giggles as she brushes her pink streaked black hair and ties it up in pig tails. "Last day of  school I can't wait till summer."

The girl chuckles "Yeah same I am spending it in Newport"

"Like where your uncle lives"

"Mhm, while my sister, dad, and step monster go live it up and look for places in burkley,"

"Wow, that sounds bad,"

***
Life was falling apart for Ryan, he wanted to walk up and leave but he couldn't without knowing that marissa could be the one, besides it was her fault in the first place as if she hadn't gotten involved with Oliver none of this would of happened but we can't tu0rn back time, no matter how much we want too. His grey eyes misted up as he looked at the scrap book that Theresa started making. Cute was definitely the right word, but he could really put the words together.