49

Odaine's Mother's POV
June, 15
9:12 am

"I heard today's your daughter's Birthday." I said, starting a conversation with my longtime friend

"Mi know." She answers and tries to change the subject "tomorrow's Sabbath."

"Tasha, mi have sumn fi tell yuh." I said, before she had the chance to fully change the topic "it's about Cameo's pregnancy."

I've been trying to avoid saying anything about her daughter and my son, for likkle over a month now and I'm doing saying this because I think she deserves to know

"She's pregnant for my son."  I said, letting the information flow pass my chest

Tasha shakes her head and stopped whatever she was doing "what?"

"yeah." I nod "they've been together for awhile now." I guess she didn't know how to reply to my statements and so I continued speaking "She's seven months by the way."

"Wait." She instructed and raised her hand, to stop me from releasing more info "Odaine breed Cameo?"

I scowled and glared her up and down

Why she seh it like sumn wrong wid mi son?

"yes." I replied, answering her question "Wah wrong wid dat."

"Every Rass thing wrong." She shouts "yuh doh even know a who dat, yuh call yuh pickney."

"Excuse you." I stood up and stared her down

Mi wah know weh dat soposto mean?

"Excuse yuh self out a mi house!" She shouts and points to the door "Now."

I spend the next five seconds staring at her in disbelief

Wow

"yuh serious?"

I looked around, trying to find who she's speaking to, cause mi know seh anuh me she a talk to

"A yuh self yah talk to?" I asked genuinely concern "cause mi know fi a fact seh anuh mi."

Mi know she seh dat out a anger, but I'm confuse on why she's angry and I'm going to find out, because it has everything to do with my son

A weh him do to har suh?

"When yuh get ova yuh likkle moody state, siddung, cause mi need fi know weh yuh have against Odaine."

"Mi doh have nuttin gainst him." She sighs and reaches for a stool "He's just a bad influence, plain and simple."

"Wah suh bad bout him."I asked irritated by her words "Mi son leave school wid 14 cxc and 10 cape, yuh feel yuh can diss mi blood, bout bad influence. Bad influence unda yuh bumbo."

"Suh weh yah seh yuh dawta too good fi mi son?"

"Mi neva seh dat." Tasha tries to calm me down "All I'm saying is that he's not as good as you paint him out to be."

I kissed my teeth "Weh yuh know bout mi son?"

"Mi know enough. Anyways we're having congregation, tomorrow."

"Stop try and change di topic, tell mi wah suh bad bout him?"

"Mi neva wah be di one fi tell yuh dis, but your son isn't the saint, you portray him to be. He's just like his father."