Chapter 1

"I believe that you are now of the proper age to leave this place." Mr. Kimura instructed. I have lived at this orphanage for as long as my mind could gather. "But Mr. Kimura I-" I responded but was cut off by his harsh voice. "I don't want any ifs, ands, or buts about this. You are old enough to leave and there is a scarce amount of space for the younger children." I looked down at my feet. I had no where to go and it was a rainy month around September. He rose his voice this time, saying to hurry along. "Sayomi, it is time for you to leave!" He opened the door and I was set aside like an unwanted kitten.
Shivering in the rain, I tried to find a spot to go and dry off when I came upon a large, Gothic Victorian mansion, it seemed. It stood tall towering over me like I was only a speck compared to it. It looked cold, though it was still warmer than the water drops onto my shoulders. There was a large gate in front of the home and luckily, it was slightly cracked open. I slid my body through the opening, trying not to make to much noise, by opening it any farther. Walking on the stone path, I noted several things. There was a large fountain with a gargoyle sitting atop of it.
Also, I didn't hear anything except the pattering of the rain. I finally made my way up to the door and it was unlocked, so I just opened it. It was quite heavy and took a lot of force just to budge it. I finally walked inside and saw a large chandelier and I was dumbfounded by the size. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door instantly close behind me. I froze to feel a hot breath on my ear and a voice smooth as silk whisper to me, "Welcome...little bitch."