5

imessage

twinenem 😊😊🤞

so were you just not going to tell me my favorite person is in town?

twinenem 😊😊🤞
i'm not in new york i'm at practice..?

not you dawson
your girlfriend??? ryleigh????

twinenem 😊😊🤞
oh yeah she's in new york for modeling
wait you like her better than me?
really?
after sharing a womb?????

when you're dramatic like this there's no question i like her better than you.

...

Ryleigh has been one of my good friends since she started dating my brother. She's so sweet and refreshing compared to some of the people I interact with at Columbia. Don't get me wrong, I'm forever grateful for my education and all that, but GOD. The people suck sometimes.

I'm sitting in a Starbucks inside of a B&N waiting for Ryleigh to get here. One thing we have in common is that we LOVE books about...well...love.

I finally spot her platinum blonde hair and smile when our eyes meet.

"Ryleigh!!" I say before hugging my longtime friend.

"Harlow!" She says sweetly.

"It's been too long! How are things in Canada?" I ask as we sit at the table I was at.

"Good! Nothing too exciting just the same old stuff, y'know?" Ryleigh says.

"Yeah, I get that." I smile.

"Dawson told me about your internship, how's that going? Has it started?" She asks.

"No, not yet. It starts tomorrow actually." I say thinking about the question.

"Ohh well good luck! What do you have to do for it?" She asks.

"I'm doing like social media for the players and team. Hopefully it's fun." I say nervously.

"That sounds cool! I'm sure it'll be fun. Everything's at least a little fun when there's hot hockey guys involved." She teases.

"Really don't know how I feel about my brother being included in that." I say making a disgusted face.

"Oh he's the hottest one." She jokes as I shake my head now feeling nauseated.

harlowmercer's story