Tip 2: Traps

There are many devious little traps you can fall into when writing.

Traps that'll make your readers cringe and their eyes bleed. Ones that will ruin a good plot and destroy fans, ones that rule a large majority of Wattpad.

So here's the checklist of what-not-is-hot.

What-not-is-hot:

1) Unless your book's soul purpose is to be sappy, don't put love-at-first-site. Even for werewolf mates, or... yea, you get the idea. Carrying on. It means that you lack one of the most important things (imagenation, planning, motivation, food, cookies, cake, chocolate, beagle, hamburger, god-I-should-not-be-writing-when-I'm-hungry-oh-my-god-bacon... be right back) Mainly imagination and motivation.

You need one of your characters playing hard to get, or there is no romantic tension or happy squealing when they get together. 77% of Wattpaders I've met do this.

2) I can understand If your character goes from ugly to pretty through determination, or if they  become a mystical creature like a vampire and by extension become attractive. But what I don't understand is why they always become badass, as in cue the large explosion and their  slow-motion walk away.

People don't go from wimps to pimps in a few days or even months. If they do a full 360, there is something wrong with them. Mentally. And girls, why do the girls always have potatoes and then (BAM!!) watermelons. Unless plastic surgery is involved, or they were like, twelve hitting puberty, then that is physically impossible! At least, to humans. (creepy music). 84%

That's not the true point here though. The real heart of the issue is the most of you seem to think that being attractive will give you power and solve all of your issues. But it isn't, and if someone only likes you when you're pretty, then they aren't worth the gum on your boot.

3) Queen Bee. One word.
That slutty one that always randomly appears and slaps someone, cries when told off, cling to guys like bee to honey, and always has a magical get away, like the roof falling off and a chopper flying in. (That really did happen once). 

For some odd reason they are always rotten spoiled. I've met a few Queen Bees who weren't rotten spoilt, and they were still Arseholes. People have a reason for doing what they do, and usually the Queen Bee just hates the main character for no good reason at all. Like, really hate, as in Imma die trying- to-murder-you-in-your-sleep kind.

...All I got for today...

Thank you for reading.