Chapter 3: Sea Salt

"No matter how prepared you are, there is still someone that will drive you to stutter, moreover spill a coffee to yourself"

🧂Sea Salt🧂

...^-^......^-^......^-^......^-^...

"Mom, we're here!" Sage shouted.

Their house didn't look empty—everywhere you look there is something that would occupy boring spaces. It's quite furnished. I'd be mesmerized every time I go in. If we speak architecture, I bet they would win.

Across the hallway, you'll immediately see the paintings of local and popular artists. You can see each individual stroke which made it explicit. It makes you want to count them 'till dawn.

Even the doors were artistic. Each was carved from bygone trees of Narra. The floor tiling is on a different level amongst others as it was made in France they said. All of this was my mom's work. She was an architectural genius.

I can almost smell the savor coming from the kitchen. His mom always cooks the best. In comparison to my dad, I could call it even. My dad got a bit emotional when I said I'm going to eat at Sage's because he prepared his special seafood today.

Moments after, a labrador made of gold ran in a rush toward its favorite: me. I almost fell down on my back when Denshi jumped over me, licking off my entirety.

Zozi came after, the whitest samoyed I could meet. Her fur brushed on my face like a dandelion ready to be one with the winds.

They are like fluffy pillows that could make me fall asleep like a koala. It's a comfort.

"Denshi, Zozi, stop~ dada Helio will run out of air," Sage lectured sounding like a father. 

I stood up after hearing something like that. My lips curled because of the cringe and loss of gravity. "Dada? Really?" with an exasperation.

Denshi and Zozi went on a catapult because of my sudden reaction. I turned my attention to the two, ignoring Sage.

"Why not? You're the dada and I'm the daddy."

"That's weird," I gave a small laugh after flinching.

"Alright, then mommy?" I paused for a moment. Then immediately, I threw my sling bag at him and rolled my eyes even though he didn't see it with that bag on his face.

I recovered fast and continue to walk to the kitchen.

"Oh my god! Helio, you're here! No wonder the two doggies went out so fast. Dear, if it was Sage on the door, only Zozi comes," Auntie told me. Turning her head from me to the pot over and over every syllable.

"Don't forget that I'm here, Mom..." Sage voiced like he was the one adopted.

"Don't listen to anything he says, Helio. Sit, I'm almost done," she opened one of the cabinets to take out a condiment. "Just need to add some sea salt and let it sit for a while."

Amid the waiting time, "Huy, how was school, Helio?" Auntie asked while we sit at the same table. The mood was surprisingly good. Maybe since I already smell the food.

"It's okay po actually," this is the time that my Filipino verbal respects kick in. I add po and opos in my sentences every time. I always do it now. Especially, when I am talking to people older than me.

"Your course is Literature, right? Dear, Sage always follows you, he said he wants to be in literature like you. I'm sorry if he's like that. If he gets on your nerves, call me," Auntie opened this topic again as she forgets it every day. Sage really came out of Auntie.