Chapter 1

I am currently inside my car on the way to school on my first day. I live here in Japan alone. My family is in another country. My mother and brother, who is younger than me for a year, is now in Germany while my father and grandmother are in England.

In case you didn't know, my whole family are all psychics who travel the world for reasons. I won't tell you yet, we need suspense.

I can do various things like Psychometry, Thoughtography, mirage, telekinesis, telepathy, mind reading, levitation, Cyrokinesis, and lastly, shapeshifting. I also have full control of my powers. I use shapeshifting almost every time because if I don't, people will recognize me as the Royal Princess from the Royal Family.

You see, my family are Royals who have Pychic powers, but something happened, so we travel the world to find an antidote. I still won't tell you much about it, though. After all, I can't just reveal everything in the first chapter, now can I?

Anyways, we are almost at the school. I am actually late since school started yesterday, but I just needed to rest. I was tired from all the traveling and I just arrived two days ago.

Oh!! I forgot, you still don't know my name. I am Sakura Kimiko, but I hid my real last name since people know that Sakura is a royal name. I changed my name to Ito. Ito Kimiko. Yes, I know my first name is still the same, but it doesn't matter because many people have that name as well.

You might be thinking, 'How about your looks?' Well, that's actually the reason why I said I love shapeshifting. I shapeshift to look like a completely different person. Everything changes. My hair, my eyes, my face, my body shape. Though it doesn't really matter much if I change my appearance because only very few people have seen my face. I just do it because I love it. Well...also because of....that...

Oh! We're here!! I'll tell you more about me later, for now I need to go to school and officially meet the so called Psychic my grandmother was saying.

You might be wondering, how did she know? Well, like I said, we all have powers, and one of her powers is mediumship. The ghosts told her about it.

She also mentioned that he can also read minds like me, so I need to be careful. I can't put my special barrier up all the time 'cause if I do, he'll be keeping his eyes on me all day. That can't happen, not yet, at least. I still need to learn what he can do. I just need to act like a normal human being around him. No answering thoughts, no thinking about powers, no thinking about my past, NO POWERS. Did I say that again? Oh, well. Let's just go inside, or else we'll be late.

Now, you might be thinking, 'He can hear you'. Don't worry, I put up my special barrier when I told all of you that.

Well, that's that. I really need to go now, but I assure you that you'll know more about me as the story progresses. So stay tuned!!

|(^=^)|

Kimiko's driver opened the car door. As Kimiko stepped out, she immediately heard people say,'Oh wow,' as she walked past them.

Her long brown hair danced with the wind as she walked gracefully in the halllways of her new school. Her ombre colored eyes shone against the sun. She was beautiful. However, that was not how she actually looked like. It was how she looked like when she was shapeshifting.

Nonetheless, that was still her.

As Ito Kimiko, she had to change her attitude a bit for her not to seem suspicious. Of course, people would be suspicious of her if she acts like the Princess. Her classmates might not notice, but people who have already met her will certainly will.

She continued to ignore the people around her as she walked to her said classroom. Her teachers already knew that she would be a day late as she called them yesterday.

She gently knocks on the door and waits for her teacher to let her in. The door opened, and there stood her teacher, who kindly let her in. As the teacher was talking to the students, reminding them to be nice to her, she thought silently, knowing that the psychic could hear her train of thoughts. Even if she had little to no idea who he was.

'I hope people will be kind to me and be my friend because they wanted to and not because of my looks.'

Despite knowing that someone was listening to her train of thought, she still remained genuine.

As she finished the thought, her teacher told her to introduce herself. She nodded and took a deep breath and faced her classmates, giving one of genuine smiles, then bowing slightly as she started her introduction.

"Hajimemashite!! Watashi wa Ito Kimiko desu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!"(Nice to meet you!! I am Ito Kimiko. Pleased to meet you!)

As she finished her introduction, the students inside the classroom(mostly boys) blushed and said,'Oh wow,' except from a certain pink haired boy.

Even the so-called "perfect pretty girl" named Teruhashi was shocked. She could not believe her eyes that there was someone as pretty as her- heck, maybe even prettier. She was amazed yet threatened at the girl in front of them.

She thought, 'She's so pretty... HOW CAN SHE BE SO PRETTY!! I AM THE PERFECT PRETTY GIRL! I AM MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN HER! SHE'S JUST SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO COMPETE WITH MY BEAUTY. I STILL MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN HER! AFTER ALL I'M PERFECT! Maybe I could tell her to go back to where she came from. Yes, that's it. I'll do that- but I feel guilty, though. She looks so nice. She even looks a bit afraid. You know what, I'll be her friend. I shouldn't be jealous of those things. She looks so innocent. I feel bad about what I thought of her earlier.' And so on.

Meanwhile, the pink haired boy who heard what Teruhashi thought was shocked, to say the least. He expected her to hate Kimiko's guts, but what he did not expect is that she liked(?) Kimiko. Well, it's more like trying to convince herself to like her.

But what got him even more shocked is the fact that he can't see through Kimiko. He first thought that he was losing his powers, but he was proved wrong when he looked at the other students. He can see through their bones clearly. So he wasn't losing his powers.

He then wondered why he couldn't see though her. As he was busy in his thoughts, he didn't realize that Kimiko's thoughts suddenly stopped as she raised her mind barrier.

She heard his thoughts.

She was starting to get nervous as she didn't think he had an x-ray vision. The teacher then stopped her train of thoughts.

"Ito-san, you may take your seat. It is the one on the right side of Saiki-kun. Saiki-kun, please raise your hand," said the teacher.

Saiki raised his hand, and Kimiko made her way to her seat. That made Teruhashi jealous again, but she told herself that it wasn't her decision. And that she shouldn't blame you as you can be friends with anyone, blah blah blah.

Saiki looked at the girl beside him for a few seconds before looking back at the front.

Meanwhile, Kimiko was still thinking about the psychic her grandmother told her and Saiki's thoughts. She had a guess that it was Saiki, based on his thoughts.

But at a time like this, she knew that she shouldn't just talk to him until she confirms that he is the psychic that she was looking for.

After all, there may be other pychics inside the school she wasn't told about.

*Thank you for reading the first chapter of my book. Please vote and comment. I hope that was alright.*

1362 words
2023年06月25日