15

Elena

It was the next day, and I was at home with Cam.
"Damn, bitch you're so big" he said. " I know" I said, rolling my eyes. "Anyway, my nephew is almost here, I'm so excited!" He said clapping his hands.

"Me too, I just want to hold him in my arms already" I said tearing up. "Bitch, you're making me cry" he said. "Sorry, it's just that I've been feeling so lonely. I miss living with my mom, hanging out with you" I say.

"I miss you too" he said. "Ever since I moved here, it's been so depressing. Like I feel trapped. Everyone warns you about postpartum depression, but no one warns you about depression during your pregnancy and how lonely it can be. Struggling to pick yourself up,
struggling to recognize yourself in the mirror.
I'm just upset with myself because I feel like I'm hurting my son, who doesn't deserve any of it.
I hate myself for that. He don't deserve the pain I'm going through and I don't want him to think that I'm a weak person" I cried.

"God gave you a son first, because you deserve to know what true love means. Your son chose you as his mom, because he knows you can handle anything. He's here to bring you joy and happiness. He's here to protect you. He's going to be your first and last true love" he said.

"What about Kevin?" I say. "What about him?" He says. "I'm afraid Cam. I'm afraid Kevin's not going to love him. That he will abandon him. My son deserves a dad who will take care of him, protect him, but mostly a dad who will love him" I said.

"If Kevin doesn't wanna step up, shit than I will.
I may be gay but I know I'll be a great dad" he said and I smiled. "Your a great friend, but I wouldn't let you do that. You have goals to accomplish and I'm not gonna let you drop them for my son. But I know you'll always be here for him" I said.

           _________________________
Kevin

I went for a jog around the park, when I stopped in front of the playground. I saw a bunch of kids playing with their moms.

I kept on walking, when I saw a dad and his son playing soccer. The kid kicked the ball and his dad picked him up. "I'm so proud of you" his dad tells him.

I looked the other way and I saw a dad teaching his son how to ride a bike. "You got it, just keep pedaling!" His dad yells.

"I'm doing it dad!" The kid says. "That's my son!" The dad yells.

"I can't wait to show you the world. I promise to be a great dad. I promise to protect you forever. I love you so much" I saw a man kissing the ladies stomach.

"Are you okay" I saw a little boy say to me. "Yeah, I'm good" I say. "Then why are you crying?" He says. I quickly wiped my eyes and I kneeled.

"Im just having a bad day" I say and he caresses my face. "Don't cry" he says before hugging me.
I hugged him back, and it felt good to hug someone. It's been awhile since I've been hugged.

"Mateo is really lucky to have you as a dad" he says. "Wait what?" I said looking at him and he kissed my cheek. "He told me to give you a hug and a kiss" he says. "He told you that?" I said.

"Yeah, he's really excited to meet you" he said.
"Wait, how is he telling you that? He's in his mother's stomach?" I said.

"Idk" he shrugs. "How does he look like?" I say.
"Mhmm" he says. And I pulled out a baby picture of me and I showed it to him.

"Thats him" he says. "Mateo?" i say. "Yeah, he loves you so much" he said and I looked down.
I looked back up and the kid was gone.

Tf. Where did he go? I looked around the playground and he was gone. Thats weird.