1.falling for karna

Parvati was so madly in love with karna , she knew people would think she was mad for falling for a character from a story . When she was little, her grandma used to tell her stories before bed . That was how she had first heard the tale of Mahabharata . It was karna that got her attention . Kunti's illegitimate first born , who broke all the norms of the society to seek education , faced humiliation and challenges in the form of discrimination throughout his life yet nothing could stop him from becoming the king of anga . He had fulfilled the duties of a son even to the mother who had abandoned him , by fulfilling her selfish wishes in the war . His bond of friendship with duryodhana was so much more thicker than the brotherly bond that the Pandavas shared . Before the war , Lord krishna had tried to tempt him by revealing that Pandavas were his brothers , the fact that he was kunti's first born . He was offered the throne and draupadi as wife if he had joined the Pandavas side . Yet his decision wasn't swayed by krishna's revelations . He told krishna that he would always side with duryodhana  as he was the only person who saw him as an equal and friend  . Draupadi was nothing but his sister-in-law and that he was already married to the love of his life .

Parvati wished that women was her . She loved him so much . Sometimes even she felt like she was going insane for having this kind of feelings for someone from the past. There was no way to even see him . But her heart was not so understanding . She could think of no one other than karna as her husband .

From a young age she used to read a lot on Mahabharata , especially the books that was written for karna . She read those fictions where girls would travel back in time to Mahabharat and  would eventually become his partner . There were a lot of such books , she had read them all wishing that it was her .  She used to imagine all the things she would have done to save her love if she had really gone back in time but she knew it wasn't going to happen .

She had turned 22 , but she was still that silly girl who had fallen for karna.  Nothing had changed except that problems were getting to start in her life in the form of marriage proposals . She was now working as a software engineer and her parents wanted to marry her off to someone. She tried giving reasons to her parents whenever they raised the marriage topic . But she didn't know how long it would work . She couldn't tell that she was in love with karna , they would only think she had gone nuts .