Part 3.2

This is part 2 of Chapter 3.

~*~

Meilin had a spacious yet cozy dorm room. It had a king-sized bed in one corner, a desk against the wall, and a large four-door closet. "All this space... is mine?" she mused, her voice trembling with excitement. She leaped onto the bed, laughing as she sank into the soft comforter.

After an hour of unpacking and adding her personal touches, the room began to reflect her style. She hung a poster of her favorite champion on the wall—an attractive, shirtless swordsman with long hair and a confident stance. He had well-defined muscles, intense eyes, and stood in a vibrant fantasy world. It was a bold choice for dorm decor, but it brought life to the otherwise plain wall.

"It's good that it's near the green screen, so I can cover it when I need to pray," she mused, eyeing the swordsman's bare chest. "Can't have THAT distracting me."

A team member leaned against the doorframe, holding a colorful flyer. He took in the changes, which had already begun to look like a girl's room. He focused on the poster she had just put up as she admired the champion. He watched her with a playful glint in his eyes, amused by her daring choice of decor.

"He seems like tough competition," a smooth, masculine voice remarked from behind her, causing her to jump.

Meilin spun around, her heart racing, to find Ningshun standing close, a teasing smile on his lips. "Oh! You scared me! What are you doing here?"

He eyed the poster. "Really? This is why you main him?" He raised an eyebrow. "I must say, I see the appeal. He's got the abs for it, I guess."

Scoffing, she rolled her eyes but could not help the smile tugging at her lips, matching his teasing tone. "It's not my fault he's got great hair and... other qualities."

He chuckled, his tone hinting at playful sarcasm. "I see. So that's your type, eh? Long hair and big swords?"

"Yup!" she crossed her arms with a grin. "If I'm going to stare at a character for hours while I play, he might as well be easy on the eyes."

"Fair enough." He flashed her a naughty smirk. "Just don't get too distracted staring at his... assets."

"No promises," she joked, raising an eyebrow. "Besides, he's a great champion... What, you don't think he's cool?"

Ningshun pretended to think about it, his gaze drifting back to the poster. "Your crush definitely has a... unique style. I'll give him that."

"Crush? I don't have a crush. It's called appreciation, thank you very much." Meilin caught his smug look. "What? Should I put up a poster of you too?"

"Only if you want the room to be unbearably handsome. You'd have to charge admission," he replied with a wink.

"Ha! Keep dreaming. Arrogant Chads like you aren't even my type!"

He gasped and clutched his heart, pretending to be wounded. "Ouch! You sure know how to hurt a man's ego, don't you?"

"I call it tough love." She chuckled, her tension melting away.

"I like the confidence." He shifted, as if trying to regain his composure. But his eyes stayed on hers a moment longer, and she felt a rush of warmth from the way he looked at her.

To distract herself from his gaze, she lowered her eyes and noticed the colorful paper in his hand, her curiosity piqued. She had seen it earlier but had not paid much attention to it. "What's that?" She pointed to the flyer, her brows drawing together with intrigue.