10. A New Dawn

This is part 1 of Chapter 10.

In the Fairy Realm, Lord Fei Muchen stood in a remote area, as if standing on a field of nails digging into his feet

In the Fairy Realm, Lord Fei Muchen stood in a remote area, as if standing on a field of nails digging into his feet. The sharp, cold winds whispered through the barren trees, echoing the tension that crackled in the air. Across from him, a hooded figure loomed, half of his face hidden by his cloak. The man's presence was as fleeting as a wisp of smoke, his movements almost invisible as he confirmed the news.

"So, Feng Deming is distracted?" Lord Muchen's voice cut through the silence.

"Yes, my Lord," the spy replied, his nod brief and respectful.

Muchen's eyes narrowed, the air thickening with silent hostility. "You are dismissed."

The spy bowed before vanishing into the night, leaving behind an acrid bitterness that lingered, like the aftertaste of poison, on Muchen's tongue.

~*~

Back in the grand hall of his throne room, Lord Fei Muchen's fingers curled around the armrest of his throne, his knuckles pale as they dug into the smooth, cold wood—the tremor in his hand, and his steely eyes burning with a dark, simmering ambition.

"With Feng Deming preoccupied, we have a golden opportunity to strike and shatter his forces," Muchen's voice resonated through the chamber. "His reign has brought nothing but fear to our kind. If we act now, we can weaken his rule and restore harmony to our realm." His eyes shone with ambition and the thirst for revenge.

From the shadows, a man emerged, his footsteps hesitant. His eyes flicked nervously between Muchen and the others, like a mouse caught in the gaze of a hawk. "If I may, Lord Muchen," he ventured, his voice trembling ever so slightly.

Muchen's gaze sharpened as he leaned forward, acknowledging the man with a curt nod. "Speak, god of wisdom."

The man inhaled slowly, gathering his thoughts as if piecing together a delicate puzzle. "There is a possibility that Feng Deming's distraction is a ruse—perhaps he is planning an assault on the Fairy Realm. A preemptive strike against Astara could be our best course of action."

The air in the room grew heavier as the council exchanged solemn glances. One by one, they nodded, their expressions hardening.

Muchen's lips curled into a thin smile, a predator's grin. "Yize has already begun to train our warriors and sharpen their skills for the battles ahead. If we cannot kill Feng Deming, we must find a way to get rid of him." His voice echoed through the hall, the promise of war etched into every syllable.

~*~

In the majestic city of Middle Astara, Feng Deming received a disturbing report from his spy, confirming an imminent attack from the Fairy Realm. His face darkened, and he crumpled the message in his fist. The Astaran Supreme had never expected such audacity from the Fairy Realm, and the mere thought of Lord Muchen's challenge filled him with disdain.

Zixin, his loyal right-hand man, approached with caution, concerned about his ruler's reaction. "My Lord, what do you plan to do?" he inquired, his voice tinged with concern and wariness.

Without hesitation, Deming thundered through the grand chamber, "Assemble a council immediately. Gather all the generals and strategists at once."

As the council members gathered, the Supreme Leader's mind raced. Tension filled the room as esteemed generals and advisors exchanged glances, awaiting their ruler's orders. He sat on his ornate golden throne, his gaze sweeping over his servants.

"I have received intelligence that the Fairy Realm intends to attack Astara in a week," Deming began, his voice low and commanding. "We shall demonstrate our true power, crush their invasion, and destroy their realm."

Zixin bowed respectfully before his ruler, his eyes reflecting loyalty and determination. "As you command, my Lord," he pledged.

Demon King's Love – Copyright © 2023 by

Demon King's Love – Copyright © 2023 by . All rights reserved.