ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 2

We had finally arrived at the hospital. My mom found the parking spot and we hopped out the car. She pulled aside and told me no matter what happens or what I hear to remember that they love me and wanted me to be strong. I didn't understand what she meant by it and she made me even more afraid of what was going on. I felt my eyes getting watery at the thought of losing my dad. He wasn't always there due to drama with my mom, but he always made sure I had what I needed and was like my best friend. She kissed my forehead and we headed inside. I felt my phone vibrate but at this point I didn't care about anything but making sure my dad was ok. We made it to his room and I could only cry staring through the glass of his hospital room.

      "I'm so sorry baby" my mom said hugging me and crying at the same time .

"What happened to him?" I asked her.

          She told me that for the last week my father had been complaining of chest pain and having problems breathing. The conversations they were having was her telling him he needed to contact a Doctor and do a follow up but my dad insisted he would be ok. The night before he fainted while I was asleep , my mom called the ambulance and he was transported to Tyler Memorial Hospital. This was all too much to deal with. I asked her why she never came and told me. I felt like maybe there could've been something I can say or do to make him go. Without them being open to me , it made me feel like I was left out of something that could've made my dad better. She told me he was stubborn and needed to want it for himself . I understood but for him I would've been willing to try.

       "So is he going to be ok?" I asked her panting as if I was having a panic attack.

"Baby god has us and we will make it through this, your fathers a strong man and will pull through this."

   I wanted to believe her but her voice had never been so unsure . I knew that maybe it would be something we could do to make him better but it broke my heart to see my father in the hospital with all those tubes and machines hooked up to him. This had always been one of my biggest fears , seeing either of my parents sick when I couldn't do much to help or make them better . I told my mom I wanted to go inside but before we heard a voice behind us...

" Excuse me Mrs. Garrison " she said politely.

"Before you go inside is it ok if I speak to you in private?"

"What do you mean in private?" I snapped.
"I'm his daughter and I deserve to know what's going on too"

           My mom tried calming me down and told me to just go in and see my father. I pushed her hand off me and headed inside . The closer I got the more I felt as if I was going to break down . I grabbed his hand and told him how much I loved him and needed him to pull through because I needed him. I talked to him about school and begged him to wake up. I could see my mom crying through the glass and watching as I tried to communicate with him. I told him I wouldn't leave his side and that his princess was here. He wouldn't respond, I was beginning to feel anger and agonizing pain because there was so much I could've said to my dad if I knew he was going to be sick. . When I looked at his face I could see a tear rolling from his eyes. I ran out of the room and approached my mom and the Doctor

"I saw a tear come down, Can he hear me" I asked her.

The doctor didn't say anything and my mom stared at me with tears in her eyes. Why weren't they responding. "Hellooo??" The doctor cleared her throat and finally spoke .

"Your dad is in a state that won't allow him to respond , he can still hear you but I'm afraid the machines are doing most of the breathing for him, and keeping him alive" .

Before she could finish I interrupted