ch 4

Nearly an hour later, Yuichiro could still hear secret giggles from Goat.

“Kekekeke, a male Goddess!”

Goat occasionally glanced at Yuichiro as if he was reliving the moment and continued laughing. Noah, who was carried over Goat’s shoulders, frowned as he was fed up with being shaken up and down every time Goat laughed.

“I told you, I’m not a Goddess.”

“—No, you are a Goddess.” Yuichiro felt annoyed at his replies being refuted by Temeraire every single time he voiced it out. [How many times have we had this exchange already?]

While on his way to the royal city of Am Wallace, Yuichiro felt a growing sense of inexpressible weariness.

“In the first place, has a male goddess before?” Gort questioned with a sneer on his face. Temeraire cast a thoughtful glance down, then shook his head in a small gesture.

“—This is the first time I’ve ever met a goddess. Six goddesses had appeared before, but all of them were women.”

“So, you are wrong.”

“No, I’m not mistaken.”

“What is it with you and your confidence?”

Temeraire looked at Yuichiro with a clear expression of amazement and extended his hand to Yuichiro. His slender white fingertips softly tickled Yuichiro’s neck. Temeraire’s slowly touched Yuichiro’s nape as if he was touching a fragile piece of porcelain. At Temeraire’s delicate touch, Yuichiro could feel a faint tingling sensation down his nape.

“First of all, the color of your skin. No one in our world has such a wheat-colored complexion.” Temeraire then continued to brush along Yuichiro’s nape and stroke his hair.

“And this hair. Every Goddess who had ever come here had hair colors that weren’t white. Gold, red, brown, and ash…As for black, we have not had a goddess with black hair in thousands of years, not since the primordial goddesses.”

Temeraire’s blue eyes gazed at Yuichiro. At the sight of these eyes, which were tinged with a trace of passion, Yuichiro wavered momentarily. To hide his agitation, Yuichiro clenched his teeth slowly.

Temeraire, possibly sensing Yuichiro’s agitation, quickly pulled his fingertips away from Yuichiro. He then averted his gaze from Yuichiro and muttered, “We, who come from the light, couldn’t help but be infatuated with darkness.”

“Infatuated?”

Temeraire did not reply to Yuichiro’s doubtful voice but bit his lower lip in silence.

“Back when I was a rouge, black is the most expensive and precious color. You have to dig deep beneath the earth’s surface to obtain a gemstone called obelisk. Obelisks are so rare that it’s considered a blessing if you can excavate a few pieces in a year. I wish I could dig up a lot of Alma” Goat interjected and tugged at the string that was hooked to his chest. Something hanging from the inside of his clothes came out. Yuichiro’s eyes widened when he observed the glimmering stone hooked at the end of the string.

“That’s a diamond, isn’t it?”

“Diamonds? This one is called Alma.” Goat chuckled as he shook the piece of stone carelessly from side to side. However, Yuichiro was not laughing. The diamond stone dangling from Goat’s chest was about the size of a marble.