Chapter 5: Backstories And Regrets

It's been two week since Amity's disappearance. Her mother, Odalia, was furious. She was furious because Amity didn't protect herself. Now, Odalia was pacing around the living room. She was waiting for any news from the cops. The only thing they got was that Amity was last seen at school. She fired Hubert for not picking up Amity. He tried to reason with her but she threw him out.

Unfortunately, Alador, Amity's father, was not aware of this situation. He had not know about anything for the last four years. He had been cooped up in his lab busy trying to fix and build things. He doesn't know that his oldest children had left being a Blight two years ago. He is not aware that his youngest and precious daughter had been kidnapped and worse, he does not know that all his children and him is just a play for Odalia.

In town, the news of Amity's disappearance spread like wildfire. Many were worried and hoping she was alright. Some were trying to help with the investigation of her. Some knew what happened to her.

Inside a black sporty car sat four people. They were driving to a specified place, a club perhaps. "Y'know Chase, I'm getting kinda worried. What if the cops catch us? She's been there for two weeks and I'm surprised she's been holding up for that long" Koby stated. "Relax, K. They're not gonna figure out it was us. Besides only certain people know about the place. I don't see anyone at school aside from us every going there am I right Mia?" Chase laughed. "I'm glad that bitch is out of the school. She's pretty annoying y'know. Like she has all the guys on her knees just begging to be hers and yet she still leaves em like that like what the fuck girl? I would be glad to be with them," she said scrolling through Instagram.

"Figured you for a slut but I didn't know you needed a dick that bad," Chase laughed. "Whatever dickass."

"Y'know, I'm starting to wonder if she enjoys in there," Mia pondered. "Trust me. She will. By the time they let her off, she'll be begging to be fucked by any guy," said a voice. Chase and Mia turned to a boy with black hair and a small scar on his bottom lip. "Oh hey man. Wanna go drinking?" Chase asked. "Sure. Could use some tonight. Besides, maybe I'll see Amity there," he said with a malicious grin. "Well damn Nathan. By the way, you still haven't answered my question."

Mia put her phone down, now completely focused on what the two were saying. Koby kept his eyes on the road but he still listened to what they were saying. "Hmm...since you're all curious to know. Amity was my best friend since preschool. Me, Amity, Agustus and Willow were all friends? We did everything together that is until her other friends came. Y'know pinky pie and that dumbass that always sleeps in class?" Chase hummed as an answer. "Well, every since Pinky here moved in ninth grade, she became a part of our group. Slowly Amity's attention was dragged away from me to her. I was fine with that, that is until she cut ties with Willow. Agustus didn't want to associate with with Amity for embarrassing Willow like that. Ever since she became friends with Boscha, she's been different to the rest of us. Luz on the other hand, I saw her talking to Willow after school and when I did, I saw Willow was crying even more."

Nathan was gritting his teeth remembering the day that happened. The day Amity cut ties with him completely. So he continued his backstory. "One day, I brought a few of my friends and we beat her to a pulp right after school. She didn't seem so tough to even face us. While we were beating her, Amity came along and slapped me right in the face. She yelled at me to stop but after I tried to tell her what that bitch was doing she slapped me harder than before and brought Luz to the school infirmary. Can't believe she would pick that prick over me." He clenched his fist. "I liked her, she knew that because she liked me back!" He punched the car's window that was next to him, much to Koby's dismay because the car was expensive.

Nathan reeled his hand back and apologized about the window. "So you're telling me that you and Amity dated before? And that Luz and Boscha just came into your lives and trashed it? Lol, that's fucked up man. I feel bad for you," Chase said. "It's fine. Now are we there yet?" Nathan asked getting impatient. "Almost, 'bout a few more minutes."

"Y'know, Gus. Amity may have cut ties with me but I know it's not her fault," Willow assured to Gus who was contemplating about their past with her. "But Willow, she dropped a bucket of honey and feather on you then read your diary out loud. The teacher didn't even report about it!" Gus was mad about what Amity did. To see Willow being embarrassed by her own best friend. He felt so upset about what had happened but poor Gus. He didn't know the actual reason behind it. "I know, Gus. It's hard for Amity," She sighed. "How? How is it hard for her? She has a perfect life! She gets whatever she wants! Ever since Boscha and Luz came into our lives she's different. She-" Willow cut him off before he finished by snapping at him.

"You can't just say that Gus! You don't know what she's going through! Not everyone who has a perfect life has it easy too you know!" He could see Willow having tears in her eyes. Now he felt guilty. Guilty for saying all those things about Amity. Sure he was friends with her but he wasn't as close as Willow was to her. "Sorry, Willow. I didn't mean to. It's just hard to forget about what had happened. We're the only ones who was left since our group fell apart. I just don't understand why you would want to look for her after everything, Willow." The guilty and confused look on Gus's face made Willow sigh.

"I'll tell you soon enough Gus. I can't promise you since it's not for me to say but I'll tell you soon enough. Now, help me find-" Willow was cut off when she saw a girl with magenta hair tied in a bun walked in. She had a sorrowful look on her face. "Hey there, Willow, Agustus," she spoke in a soft voice. "Hey Boscha," Willow answered back in the same soft voice. "Can we help you?" Gus said a bit of irritation in his voice.

"I just- I'm," she sighed. "I'm sorry. I know I've said it before but I'm sorry. About everything that has happened between you guys." Willow walked over to Boscha and the girl looked up at Willow. "I get it Boscha. It wasn't your fault that this happened to Amity and I-" Boscha cut her off before she spoke, "no no no. It's not about Amity being lost. It's about your friendship with her being lost. I shouldn't have interfered but I-" she stopped herself when she felt a lump in her throat. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes. "I'm sorry. I had no choice, neither did Amity," she croaked.

"I know, Boscha. I know."

"How do I not know anything but she does? But it's fine I get it. I may not trust you entirely Boscha but I'll try. Now, why are you here?" He asked. "I came to ask if you guys knew anything about Amity's disappearance. I only have her last location which was at school two weeks ago until I lost it entirely." Gus shook his head. "I hope she's fine." Willow and Gus nodded.

Gus might not be on good terms with Amity. Seeing his first best friend being treated like that made him pissed. He swore to Willow that he'll watch her so she doesn't get bullied. Even so, he didn't like that an old friend of his is missing without a trace. Then Willow remembered something.

"Wait, I remember seeing Amity with Koby during the thunderstorm. That storm was two weeks ago right?" Gus and Boscha thought about it then nodded. "That means Koby has something to do with Amity's disappearance. Where did you see them though?" Willow brought them to the exact spot she stood when she saw Amity walking with Koby. "Saw them here, seems like they were on their was to the parking at the back since there's no other door other than that door." She pointed at the two large doors that led to the back of the school's parking lot

"Nice one Willow."

"It's fine. It's nothing compared to what Gus can do."

Idea and written by:
Bubbly