Chapter 31

Park (Day of the decision)

Jeremy Winston, 26 year old man, a new officer in the district was called to be one of the agents to spy on the Black Blood gang with rumors of a gang war erupting.

"They're here!" Another agent, Brook whispered. In truth, no one knew what the BB gang leader actually look like so they were curious about it.

What they didn't expect was a teenage girl to stand in front with an emotionless face. Behind her they could identify the already seen second-in-command, Henry.

A girl? He thought in confusion. How can a girl lead a gang that's way older than her? But kept silent as they all monitored the exchange.

"You came.. So? What's the decision?" Zachary asked in mock curiosity.

"I'll accept your terms Zachary. Where will it be?" Annalissa said with a frown. She didn't bother to cover her red eye as it was useless to hide the known.

"I'll be generous for you, Annalissa. A week from now at that place." Annalissa tilted her head up and smirked.

"Ho.. You have guts, I'll give you that Zachary. To set that exact day and place." Zachary spread his arms and laughed.

"Of course! It's a special place to us both right, little Ann? Until then."

He gave a mock bow and left back to the shadows. Annalissa was frowning and glaring at the place Zachary was standing before.

"So, what're you gonna do now lil' boss?" Henry asked from behind. Annalissa suddenly snapped her head at the direction Jeremy hid.

"You can come out now, police officer." Jeremy held his breath as he stepped out, his comrades all hid in silent.

"You knew?"

"We all did. It will make no difference to us whether your presence is involved." She said offhandedly, turning away from him.

It's lucky that Alec and Xavier decided to stay back home this time.. Henry thought while sweat dropping. "We'll be out off the cops way in this war so don't interfere."

"What if we do? You're just a little girl." Way to push your luck Jeremy! He said. In truth, he didn't find the teenage girl truly the leader.

Annalissa snapped her head back to him and in a flash a gun was pointed to his heart. It was so fast he didn't have time to pull his gun.

"This war is none of your damn business officers. This has been between him and us for years so stay the fuck out of our fight or I'll kill you and your friends right now." She said, her glare was so cold it sent shivers down their spines.

"Believe me... it's possible with her around.." Henry muttered from behind her with a nervous look.

"I'm leaving, Alec said he had something to pick up tonight so you'll have to settle this Henry." Annalissa said as she walked away, ignoring the baffled look the cops sent her. She find no fun in humoring the cops so she'll just leave the practical things to Henry. Henry was fine with it, he had spent 6 years with her after all.

"Alright, tell him i said hi.." Thank god we brought separate cars today. He thought with a sigh. When she was finally out of sight, Henry turned to the cop.

"You shouldn't provoke her, though that's actually a very hard thing to do.. Maybe it's because her new relationship status that made her snapped tonight, yeah.. That's a possibility.." Henry muttered the last part as Jeremy sweat dropped at the man's mutterings.

"Why do you follow her? She's like.. half your age." Better gather Intel while I can. He thought with a nervous laugh. Henry actually frowned at the implication. He didn't noticed his comrades who were hunting this gang longer than him had paled.

"Just because you look like you're new I'll give you a warning boy."

"Hey!"

"You shouldn't underestimate our boss because she's half our age and a girl, she has seen things even you hadn't seen. That, and she's batshit scary when she's pissed." Henry shuddered faintly when she tortured all the prisoners they had.. and that she was 12 when she started.. Nope, he's not going there!

Jeremy noticed Henry's paling face sweat dropped at the implication. Was she that scary? His comrades also paled even more when they remembered the state of some victims who was caught by the BB gang.. some weren't even recognizable!

"A-Anyway-" Henry cleared his throat, ridding the memories. "You're allowed to intervene when the fight's over but please don't interfere."

"Why? What cause this war anyway?" They all noticed Henry's look suddenly turned grim.

"A lost life.. And an old grudge."

"huh?" none of them understood but he didn't care. "I hope we meet again soon, Jeremy and all you other officers." then he too left, leaving multitude of questions in their heads.

Hey..

Wait a minute..

How did he know his name?!!!

Well damn.. thank god he wasn't in charge of writing a report though, no one could explain this now can they?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An outstretched hand was held as raindrops started to pour down. Her eyes that held even slight emotions before had vanished as only sorrow was left.

"I.. will protect you.."

The gunshot ringing clearly in her ear as she stared in horror at what was before her. The man that shot was also in the same state.

"Daphne!"

The girl smiled sadly as she shakily lift her bloodstained hand towards her cheek. "I was happy... to be your first friend.. Thank you.. Anna.."

"Why..? Why did you save me?!"

"I.. didn't want you to die... it's not your fault Anna.. I'm sorry.." her hand fell as she finished her last words. The two left could only stare at the now dead girl before the man exploded.

"You.. it's all your fault!!" The man raised his gun again only to be shot off from his hand from the side. The two looked over to see Alejandro and Henry there panting. When they stop to assess the situation only did they saw the horror of the sight.

"Zachary.. you.. you killed your own child?!" Alejandro shouted in fury as he glared at him. Zachary just stared at his dead daughter before looking at Annalissa, maniacal laughter followed.

"You.." he pointed at her. "Its your fault Daphne died.. it was supposed to be you!!"

"Zachary! What's the meaning of this?!" Alejandro yelled but was ignored as he continued.

"You should never have been brought back.. Everything, everyone dies because of YOU!" She didn't care anyway, there was a reason why she held back so much, to stay away from everyone, but if that's what he wanted then she wouldn't hold back anymore.

"Heh.. hehehe.. Ahahahaha!" She crackled with her head bowed down. Fine, if he want to kill this body then he'd have to stop them.

Her head tilted aside as both of her eyes were shown, everyone was shocked at it. They were both red. "W-what?!" Zachary yelled in fury and confusion.

"It's nice to meet you directly, Zachary Black, Alejandro Freeman, Henry Johnson (A/N: Was that right?) It seems my counterpart has finally let go!" She greeted them cheerily as a maniacal grin in place. One would think she's a Cheshire cat with that grin.

"W-who are you?" Henry asked, having an uneasy feeling in his gut. The omen proved true as the grin just got impossibly wider.

"I'm the Anna in Annalissa."

------
Author Note:

The last wasn't supposed to be there but since the suspense it added so I'll just keep it. Thanks for reading!