Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven You make me feel like Eleven

Chapter Eleven
You make me feel like Eleven

"That's... What the fuck is that?" Jean yelled at the thing getting closer and closer.

"The same thing that killed Mike." Captain Levi glared and gripped on his blades. "We cannot deal with this right now, the titans below will give us away there is no way we'll be able to take all of them."

"Well maybe you can." Hange smirked at him.

Ew. He's not that great! I don't think he can manage that many titans especially that big giant monkey looking thing.

"Nows not the time for jokes, we need to lead these titans away." Captain Levi glared at Hange who only shot him back a smile.

"There's like 40 of them though, can your squad handle it?" I genuinely asked.

"Cut the crap, Arlert." Captain Levi turned to me with a cold glare and he started walking to me. "Shut up, stop with that bullshit."

He pinned me to the tree and I sensed his body growing more irritated. "This is a mission, it doesn't matter who can take what and I'm tired of you trying to make my squad look like shit when they can handle themselves. No one fucking cares, keep that shit to yourself."

My heart beat fast as he glared into my eyes, I thought he was gonna kill me in a second. And Captain Levi definitely could if he wanted to, but I'm sick of this attitude and this view he has on me! I could fight him right now with all the anger I have created for him. Yet something in my stomach grew more and more, I couldn't quite recognize the feeling.

"Levi! We can't do this here." Hange pulled his arm away. "Lets go, now!"

Levi stared me before he turned around and gave out orders, we soon began to jump through the trees to a farther location and the titans followed us. It was quite scary to see how fast they were and we didn't see the beast anymore along with Reiner and Bertholdt.

I still remained pissed at Levi, I was beginning to feel discouraged at this job. I didn't mean to do anything wrong and offend his squad especially since my brother is in it but I want to know I can protect them because they're still newbies in this and I need to make sure my little brother stays alive.

I'm tired already, it's so bullshit.
I just wanted a family to have and protect, and I wasted it to just join to protect other families. I should've put myself first.

But now Armin is here and I have to stay to see if he'll improve and make it.

I'm scared.

"Focus." Captain Levi yelled as we began to attack the titans.

I swung around a titan's back and quickly aimed for its neck, I slashed it with so much force the blood spilled onto my face like a blood bath.

I quickly aimed to my next target and see Armin struggling with slashing one's neck, he needed more strength and I saw the titan grab him in it's hand preventing him from being able to move. FUCK. 

"Armin!" I screamed as I launched myself up but then a titan grabbed ahold on me just like Armin was held. 

FUCKKKK!

"Athena!" Natalia hooked herself onto the titan's shoulders and looked at me with worry. "I'll get you out!"

"No!" I cried. "Save Armin!" 

I pointed my head to Armin and I saw Natalia's eyes widened in horror as she turned back to me with remorse before nodding her head and jumping off to go save him. 

I felt the titan's fist tighten and I could barely breathe, I saw the titan bring me closer to it's mouth and I knew I had to do something before I let myself die. 

I felt my arm try to break free and bring my blade up as I was heading towards it's mouth, I bring my feet up to it's fingers and push it away with all my strength and for a second I broke free for a bit but it was enough time for me to launch myself on it's back and slash its neck. 

I saw my squad work hard and I had to save a few members because their stamina wasn't the best at the moment. 

I saw Captain Levi being crowded in the middle by 4 titans and I quickly head over to slash 3 of their necks with force, I saw him take the last titan as I landed on the floor. 

I turned around to see Connie and Sasha working on a titan trying to gather the strength to take it down.

Over the span of 10 min I managed to kill 12 titans while the others take the rest. I stood on a tree branch as I took a big breath of air, I was getting a bit tired I haven't killed that many titans before in a mission. We were lucky enough to not encounter so many. 

"Don't stop." Captain Levi swung by and glanced at me before heading back down. 

To hell with that man! 

"Athena, you definitely have a lot more stamina than before and much more strength. You're almost at Levi's level." Hange panted with a smile. 

"Wait, is that some sort of compliment?" I snorted. "If it is, it doesn't feel like one." 

"Well, he is the strongest soldier we got and no one else has really got to his level. The Ackermans have this weird super strength thing going on I wish I had." Hange sighed. 

"Well, I hope I can be stronger than anyone in here so I would save a lot more lives than losing them." I nodded.

I suddenly see Natalia on the floor with blood gushing out of her head eith a huge bang. Fuck!

"Natalia!" I shouted with my eyes widened, I guess she swung herself into a rock while fighting the titan nearby.. The same titan going for Armin!

I jumped off the tree but everything happened so quick, I see Armin call out for Natalia but in response he got scooped up by a titan.

"Armin!" I screamed with tears filling my eyes, I can't let this happen.

I thought Armin had a chance to protect himself and others but I was wrong, he wasn't strong yet. I'm worried about him.

As I soared through the sky I saw Natalia suddenly pop up with the injuries still but she managed to race towards Armin and slashed the titan's neck with brute force.

I hung on a tree branch looking at Natalia and Armin get settled after the save, my heart was beating fast. That was a close one. Really close.

I saw how Natalia took care of Armin and there's no doubt she would save him even more in the future.

Thank god.

He didn't need me anymore.

And was that a good thing?