Love at first sight

Ana's perspective

When I saw her my eyes lit up. I had never seen anyone look as elegant as she did. Her hands were dressed in rings, her finger nails painted a subtle blue. Whilst everyone stared at the main centre piece- the singer- my eyes remained on her.

It was finally the day I'd been waiting for. Me and my friend Tasha, had been apprehensive about this concert for ages, and it was finally the night. Tasha picked me up in her mini, late, as always. But I didn't mind, I just wanted to go to the concert. After all, once you've been friends with someone for 5 years, you have nothing but love for them. My childhood best friend. My other half. Tasha was my everything. Is my everything. The sunset began to fade in the horizon, as we drove off into the inner city. The tangerine hue, drifting into a darker more intense shade, then finally, into the melancholy of blue. I love this time of the day, when everything seems at peace, I guess it kind of reflected my mind in a way, as I caught myself smiling into the wind.

Arriving at the underground bar, Tasha gave our ID to the bouncer, who had too many tattoos to count on one hand. However, I remember one, a black pony, standing so proudly in its patch of ink. Simply majestic. I have always admired true artwork, perhaps that's why I have such a passion for music. Music is the finest art. Tasha and I had a few drinks before the performance began. Drinks of confidence, of course. Inhaling the sweet smell of tobacco smoke from Tasha's cigarette, we waited until the band came from behind the little stage. Waited. To feel the roar of music, to feel the warmth of the lyrics upon my very ears, was all I waited for.  Little did I know that I could also be waiting to see her.

Out they came, one by one. Each receiving a loud applause, but the loudest was for the lead singer, Milo. His blonde hair and grey eyes, were hard to miss, and his skin was so pale, as if he were wearing a coat of light foundation. The girls loved him. Well most girls anyway- AKA Tasha. Staring for a while at her eyes, I noticed her pupils dilate a little when she saw him, utterly fixated on the mystery of his golden locks. I appreciate beauty, I admire beauty, but do not see the need to fixate on it. An obsession is deadly. I had also known that. An obsession can drive even the most sain of beings into corruption. Although my father didn't like to admit it, alcohol was the downfall of his morality, and I will most definitely follow his footsteps. Last but not least, the guitarist stepped upon the stage. I did not know her name, only that she had the most amazing brown curls, and a smile that shone, out lighting the fame of Milo, I thought. Closing my eyes, I began to drift into the heaven of the music. The perfect song. The perfect melody. The perfect view. Trying to avoid a headache, despite Tasha's constant wails of so called 'lyrics'.

After the concert, we left without stopping to see any of the band members. But both Tasha and I, left feeling fulfilled.