1. Stockpiling

Thursday, March 26, 1998

     Hi, I'm Ash Ketchum. Mom sent me out to get some stuff for my Pokémon trainer's journey tomorrow. I just got my Pokémon license three days ago.

     In the list Mom wrote, it says that first I should get some Pikachu feed. Oh, yeah, Pikachu's my pet. We're pretty much inseparable. Anyway, I got a small bag of Pikachu feed and a box of Pikachu treats.

     Next were the Poké Balls. Only trainers with a license can get Poké Balls. I got twenty Poké Balls, ten Super Balls, and five Hyper Balls. Different types of Poké Balls are stronger or weaker than others, and are priced accordingly. Poké Balls are the weakest, then Super Balls, and then Hyper Balls.

     Then there was the Potions and Pokémon repellent. Potions heal your weakened Pokémon. The repellent speaks for itself. I also took a first-aid kit and some food.

     When I got to the checkout, I noticed this poster in the back. It looked something like this:

     That poster really intrigued me

     That poster really intrigued me. If I get all the badges around the region, I should be able to enter the league in no time!

     At the bottom of the list, there was a note from Mom.

     "By the way, Prof. Oak said he needed you to get a parcel for him at the post office. Cycle safely,
Mom." Well, that's just another hour of my day wasted.

::

     I got the package from Prof. Oak's P.O. box, and went to his house, just next door to mine. I put it on his doorstep, and went home.

     "Hi, Ash! Back so soon?" Jenny asked.

     "Yep. By the way, cool outfit," I replied. Jenny's my sister, who's training to be a police officer, and she just got her uniform today. I went upstairs to my room, and put my food and training gear into my bag. I put some pizza rolls in the oven, and took Pikachu with me upstairs to nap.

     "Ash! Lunch is ready!" Mom called from downstairs. I practically did a combat roll down the stairs, gobbled up my pizza rolls and chugged my Mountain Dew. I then went back upstairs and slept some more.

::

A/N: Yes, Ash's sister is that Jenny.