The Continuation of a Rivalry

If there's any typo or anything that doesn't make sense, leave a comment and I'll fix it

Here's the layout and a few info of the circuit. I'll be doing this for every race.

 I'll be doing this for every race

Anyways, enjoy... :)

Word Count: 3404

"It's lights out and away we go!" David Croft's classic line was heard throughout the TV's across the world.

People from Mexico, United States, Brazil, England, every country you could imagine. They were all watching this new and emerging battle.

A battle that would start today. A war between teams and teammates. Between friends and enemies. A war, a battle, that would be told for ages.

"Verstappen gets a great start, Alonso following closely behind!"

The race started and your reaction time was on point. 0.027 seconds.

Great stuff if you asked yourself.

Alonso and Max were ahead of you as all of the cars started advancing.

"Here comes Verstappen onto turn one as Alonso goes for the overtake! Y/L/N stays close behind both drivers as Leclerc and Cervantes close in on the young driver!"

You looked at both mirrors, immediately noticing a Ferrari to your left and a Mercedes to your right, both cars slightly behind you.

You had to close the door on one of them while turning or both would get through. So you decided to lean a bit more on the inside, completely shutting Daniel's opportunity for an over take.

But as they say, one closed door, opens many more.

Your inexperience showed as you were able to block one car from passing you, but allowed three more to overtake you.

Those cars being Leclerc, Amadori, and Russell. Now you were in P6 with Daniel being in P7.

Max was able to keep the lead of the race with Fernando less than a second behind him. The podium was completed by Leclerc so far in the first lap.

Lap 16/57

So far the race had been tough. More than you expected, which was a problem on its own. You were now P5, having overtaken Russell a few laps before. But that battle damaged your tyres badly. You were now getting a lot of under and over steer in almost every turn you took.

"I have no grip on this fucking tyres!" You spoke into the comms, your engineer listening closely.

"Box, box. Box this lap. Pit confirm please." Bird's voice ringed through your ears as you approached turn one.