A New Friend...?

If there's any typo or something doesn't make sense, leave a comment and I'll fix it since this ain't proof read.

Word Count: 1798

You were currently seating outside in the concrete, body leaning on the back wall of the garages. What or who were you waiting on?

No one really. Or nothing.

You were just there. Contemplating on wether you're where you should be. Should you really be driving an F1 car? Do you even want to?

Sure, you loved the sport. And you actually loved the fact that you were able to do it for a living. Extremely grateful for that. But there times, just like now, where you would feel nothing for the sport but hatred.

Maybe you should've chosen another career path.

Who were you kidding? It's not like you had an option to begin with. Sure, like I said, you loved what you did. You loved the victories. Even when you didn't win, which was most of the time so far.

But you were kind of forced to do this. You didn't really have a choice. Sure you could protest, but that's about it.

Like it was mentioned before, you were extremely grateful to be able to do this. You knew that many others wanted this too, but either couldn't afford the costs of racing, weren't talented enough, or just lacked opportunities.

But there times where you absolutely FUCKING HATED FORMULA ONE. It was arguably the best sport to be created, but the times where you wished it didn't exist... You couldn't even count them.

It was almost like being in a toxic relationship. At times, you wished you had never met that person. Time where you wish you hadn't fallen for them. But the times you were happy that you both had met were more than the time you didn't.

The times where you felt like you belonged no where else but with that person. When you felt the time fly by so fast that you barely got to enjoy it. But you still made the most out of it.

Just like racing.

The times you hated racing were many. But it still wasn't enough for you to quit. The adrenaline you felt was otherworldly. The feeling of going over two-hundred miles an hour was incomparable. The overtakes you realized, most of them dangerous. There was no feeling like it.

It was honestl-

"Hey." Your thoughts were interrupted by a soft voice that called down to you. You looked up and you were left speechless for the first time since you could last remember. Which you didn't. "You're Y/N, right?"

You looked her up and down, instantly mesmerized. Her short stature was one of the most noticeable things of her appearance. But the most noticeable of all, was definitely her beauty. Freckles scattered across her face, despite wearing a light layer of make up. Her brown eyes being perfectly lit up by the sun. Her lips that looked- oh so good.

You also noticed she had a Mercedes shirt on. She probably worked for them. Damn. You should just ignore her. You couldn't be talking to someone who was currently being employed by one of your team's rivals.