remember our day one ♡

Jisung and Chenle had been friends since the sixth grade. At first Jisung pushed the loud boy away, feeling that he only wanted to befriend him because he wanted votes for the student president. But the day after he won, the classroom questioned him about the person he admired most...Jisung sat in the corner by the window waiting for the bell to ring, half listening to the boy he pretended to not care about. As his name dropped from the boy's mouth he darted his eyes to see if he had some kind of sick smile on his face. The class cooed in response and the quiet mouse instantly became someone of importance. Jisung hadn't understood, actually it caused him to pull away even further.
"You're really a hard person to befriend." Chenle admitted one day on the bus home. He went on naming all the ways he tried to get to know the new student in his grade. "We're lab partners, bus buddies. We're even in the same classes" Although his stop had arrived he sat for a few moments before saying sadly, "If you don't want to be friends with me, I understand. I won't bother you again." he then ran from the bus.

Jisung felt an overwhelming amount of guilt. Even though he hadn't considered Chenle a friend, he was one. He pretended to be aloof, but he noticed him beside him and appreciated him.

Chenle took one step inside his home before hearing a knock. It was none other than Jisung.

He swung the door open with an attitude, "what do you want? why'd you get off the bus?" he wanted to sound angry but really he was covering up his concern. Jisung would have to walk 20 minutes home rather than the 10 minute bus ride to his house. Or he would have to take a train and he rarely carried money out of the house.

"I just.." He stuttered. Jisung didn't know what it was like to have friends or to apologize to one.

Chenle felt awkward and wanted him to stop standing there with such a dumb look, "wanna get ice creamm? afterwards my mom can drive you home."

Jisung began to reject it but saw the excited look on Chenle's face and decided to be receptive for once. "Okay!"

"-Race ya!" chenle broke for the streets to his favorite convenience store, not because it was owned by his uncle but because it had a variety of Chinese snacks which reminded him of his hometown.

Jisung always heard him ramble about the place and was really excited to see the exotic store, nothing like the sort existed in his neighborhood.

Of course Chenle pretended to have a cramp leg only to let Jisung win, and Jisung really believed he won with for some reason amused the older.

"I promised not to bother you again..."chenle gauged, just to see if Jisung was toying around.

Jisung's face shot up from the opposite aisle, "i want to be friends." he said it so plainly, but it was clearly genuine.
Chenle smiled silently to himself. His hard work paid off.