Chapter 4

"He is over at room 034." The lady said. Jonah nodded as he walked over to the room. He knocked on the door before entering.

Adam was busy sleeping on the motel bed, his face oddly pale. Jonah went over and sat on the bed, his back facing Adam.

Adam slowly woke up as Jonah covered his face with his hands.

"Shit...if only I got to you faster..." Jonah said as he sighed. Adam was full awake by then, deciding to lay down and pretend to sleep.

"God fucking damn it. If I got to you fucking faster instead of walking, I could of stopped all this. Adam would of been fine, not in this god for saken place and in such a crappy state." Jonah said, a few tears sliding down his face.

Adam let lose a few coughs, which made Jonah jump up in surprise and quickly wipe away the tears.

"Adam! Hey, you good?" Jonah said as he slowly sat down next to Adam.

"I'm fine you imbecile." Adam said before coughing again.

"You do not sound fine to me Adam. Drink some water." Jonah said as he gave Adam a bottle of water.

"Gee, thanks mom" Adam said in a mocking/annoyed tone as he snatched the water and drank it.

"Don't give me that attitude. You almost died!" Jonah said, his voice cracking as he said 'died'.

"No shit Sherlock. What the hell happened anyways? I kinda don't remember much." Adam said as he motioned for more water.

Jonah poured more water for him in and passed it back.

"Well, an alternate got to you and somehow looks exactly like you and almost murdered you. Then I took our stolen car and drove it to the farthest side of the country, booked a motel,and Sarah came here to treat you." Jonah said, his voice cracking badly as he whipped away more tears.

"Sarah? Where is she then?" Adam asked.

"Right here idiot. And, Jonah, can you leave real quick? I need to talk to Adam about something in private." Sarah said as the room door opened up, her facing popping out.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, ok." Jonah said as he got up. Jonah exited the room while Sarah entered and closed the door.

"Ok, I needed to talk with you privately because Jonah has been crying too much and if he hears this he's probably gonna kill himself." Sarah said as she walked over.

"What? It can't be that bad." Adam said as he tried to sit up despite the burning pain.

"Well, Ima make this short and snappy with no emotions before i start crying." Sarah said as she took a deep breath. "When the alternate attacked you, they lined the knife with a lethal poison that once injected into the body cannot be removed but can be delayed for a long period of time."

Adam raised his eyebrow, actually concerned and scared for a moment, before bursting out laughing.

"Bahahahha, you almost got me there. Why, is this Jonahs idea, but you can't do it because he would burst out laughing?" Adam said as he giggled slightly. He laughter died down when he saw Sarahs serious expression.

"You're...you're joking, right?" Adam said, panic seeping into his voice.

"Adam, I really wish i was. But, since you and Jonah both are wanted by the fbi, I had to run experiments and make the medicine myself." Sarah said as she dug out some pills from her pocket and threw it at Adam, which landed on his lap.

"One pill delays the effects by 5 days. Take one every 6 days, got it?" Sarah said as Adam looked at the pills in disbelief.

This was actually happening. Adam was slowly dying and had only 30 pills left to rely on. Adam could feel his eyes slowly tearing up, but whipped them away.

"Whatever, just get out Sarah." Adam said as he hid the pills in his bps hoodie.

"Take one pill first. I need you to stay alive. For Jonah at least." Sarah said as she stood there with her arms crossed.

Adam immediately took a pill and drowned it with water after imaging Jonahs face when he finds out.

"There, ok? Now get out and let Jonah back in." Adam said as he limped on the bed.

"Ok, but never eat the medicine around him unless of emergencies." Sarah said as she walked out of the room.

Jonah walked back into the room moments later, his eyes looked red and puffy, liked he just cried.

Jonah sat on the edge of the bed before taking a deep breath.

"So, anything you wanna share?" Jonah said as he gave Adam a forced looking smile.

"Nothing, just asking about how I'm doing." Adam said.

Jonahs eyes narrowed, like he didn't believe him, but didn't ask further.

"Alright then..."