* Part 12*

As I entered the office, a wave of depression passed over me, making me feel nauseous. People were working diligently, as if their lives depended on it. There was no conversation or camaraderie among colleagues; everyone seemed like robots. Even in the sales department, known for its stressful environment, it wasn't as close to a state of depression. And to top it off, this was the marketing department, where creativity should thrive. It made me wonder why our company was losing money and why Thomas, of all people, had to buy it.

No one acknowledged my presence as I walked through the office. Among the fifteen people working diligently, I felt invisible for a moment. I walked towards Mrs. Cornia's office and knocked, finding the door slightly ajar. Peeking inside, I saw Mrs. Cornia standing in a commanding position, accompanied by five people standing in a straight line. Their attire differed from the rest of the office, indicating that they were new hires from different departments.

"One, two, three, four, " she counted in a dictatorial tone. "Where is the fifth person? Wasn't there supposed to be five people joining this department?"

"Excuse me, Mrs. Corina, I am here," I said, entering slowly with my head down, feeling embarrassed. She looked at her watch in exasperation and said, "You're late by 20 minutes."

"And isn't it you who bumped into me last year?" she asked, slowly walking towards me, staring into my soul. I was amazed at how she remembered something that happened a year ago.

"Oh, I'm sorry, there was a dog that crossed my path and wouldn't leave me alone. As for the past year, I don't remember much," I laughed nervously, trying to divert the topic.

"You!" I sensed her irritation and knew she was about to say something unpleasant.

"Mrs. Corina, I believe our time is precious, and we shouldn't waste it on undisciplined people like her," a mature voice from the sidelines interrupted. I turned to see a young man in his early twenties, dressed entirely in black. His jacket, boots, and even his bag matched the color. His hair was slicked back, giving him the appearance of a handsome villain from a movie. As I stared at him, our eyes locked, and I could feel his disgust towards me. Thomas suddenly came to mind, creating a sense of Deja vu.

"Yes, Eden, very well. I will address her after this," Mrs. Corina said, her voice softening towards the young man. I was surprised but had heard rumors about Mrs. Corina's fascination with younger boys. Now, I could confirm how messed up she was.

"So, you five people were selected by your respective departments to serve as trainees here for six months. However, frankly speaking, I don't believe many of you will last even a month in this department. The moment you were assigned to the marketing department, it was already decided that you would be fired. But since Mr. Bender is a sympathetic man, he has given you one chance to prove yourselves. And I can definitely tell that some of you can, while many of you won't," she looked at me as if she were directing her words specifically towards me. I glanced at my side, and the young man in black was giggling slightly.

"Now, the rest of you may leave," she said, taking her seat.

"Hey, what was your name?" she pointed at me, instructing the others to leave. I stood there, holding my hands in a respectful position, avoiding direct eye contact.

"I am really sorry. I promise I won't be late ever again. Please, just this time. It's my first day," I pleaded with her, hoping for some leniency.

"So, it seems you are the same girl I was told about," she said, scrutinizing me from head to toe. Confused, I asked her, "What do you mean?"

"Nevermind. I know exactly how to treat someone like you," she replied with a suspicious tone. In that moment, I realized it must be Thomas behind this. That donkey had orchestrated something against me.