Chapter 1

Aphrodite P.O.V.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

The sound of the alarm echoing in my empty home, if you can even call it that anymore, is deafening. Every morning I get woken up to that sound blasting through the hallway. I woke up, opened the door, and turned towards my dad's room. I stood there waiting to see if I sensed any movement behind the door. I hear nothing. Which means my dad is either sleeping through his alarm yet again or he left the house before I woke up. Doubtful. I open the door and there he lay sound asleep, his jet-black hair a mess, with the alarm beeping. I walk towards the loud beeping of his alarm clock and shut it off.

"Dad, Alpha Samuel is expecting you today for the big meeting about the ceremony tonight.

Wake up!" I am taking the blankets off him as I am pulling him out of bed.

"Aphrodite?" he says, looking extremely groggy.

"What time is it?"

"Dad, it's 7am, did you have another late-evening patrol or something?" Ever since mom had passed away, he has been consuming his time with extra training and late-night patrolling.

"Okay, okay! I'm up, I'll take a quick shower and I'll be on my way. Could you shoot the Alpha a text for me? Let him know I'm running late?"

"Sure thing, dad. I'll make some coffee while you're in the shower." He is never on time for anything, how he is the Beta of our pack is beyond me.

"Thanks, kiddo. What would I do without you?"

Oh, I don't know dad, never make it to your meetings, always be late to any appointment ever. I can't tell him that though, so I just nod and smile.

I go back to my room and pull my phone out to text Alpha Sam. Since my dad is out today, I'm going to go to the pack house and grab some breakfast. I look at my clock and it is only 7:45am so I opt in for a shower before heading up there. Breakfast is normally served around 6am-9am, so I have plenty of time. After the shower, I walked to my closet. It's a decent sized closet with lots of fancy looking clothes, I choose a black and pink t-shirt and a pair of jeans though. I slip on my converses and head towards the door. I turn to the picture hanging on the wall right next to the door. It's a picture of my mom and Grammy Jean. My mom's bright red hair and hazel eyes and her beautiful smile shine brilliantly next to my Grammy Jean. Her smile is also reflected, so happy to be there in that moment with my mom, because that is the day, she told her she was pregnant with me. My Grammy, wearing her plain t-shirt and blue jeans with her grey hair braided down her back, makes me miss her so much. I used to beg her to let me braid it. I blow a kiss to the only picture of my mom and Grammy and walk out the door.

I can't believe it has been 2 years since their passing. My dad has never been the same after losing his mate, aka my mother Raven. His extra patrolling and training are the aftermath of him feeling out of control. All this extra rage and sadness, he doesn't know how to cope with it all. There was nothing he could have done to save her. My Grammy suffered grave injuries from that fight with the rogues. She fought fiercely with my mother to protect me. I'm kind of glad he wasn't around; I couldn't bear the thought of losing all 3 of them.

I sometimes think if they had just killed me, then i wouldn't be the blame for the beta female's death. Or so that's what everyone tells me anyway. Never in front of the Alpha or Luna but always in secret, behind my fathers and their back. I was never blamed for the death of my mother by my father or the Alpha and Luna. My mother won the hearts of many. So, to find out she died protecting me, Aphrodite, the conflicting she-wolf of the pack, caused an uproar.