Chapter Six

Clem's POV

"What was all that looking about?" I catch up with Gwen, her walking out of the class.

Gwen shakes her head, "It's nothing; I just don't know why he is why we were brought here."

I nod, pondering it, "I don't know...do you think he's like you?" I think aloud; Gwen once again shook her head.

"I don't think he is, or at least, I'm not sure he is." She sighs, "But we should try and talk to him tomorrow."

"Alright." I agreed before smirking, "Can we get out of here? Just look around?"

Gwen looked at me, faking being shocked and disappointed, "Really? On our first day?" She then smirked and pulled her school uniform shirt down, revealing her spider suit. "Already two steps ahead of you."

I let out an excited screech, flapping my wings in my harpy eagle form. I could see people looking up in awe and confusion, Gwen swinging with me through the city.

We both diligently looked for people who might need our help. I then spotted a group of people in Central Park, all ganged up around a woman clutching her bag.

"That's a bit much for one woman." Gwen pointed them out, me nodding, both of us turning our trajectory for them.

"Come on! Give us the purse, and no one gets hurt!" The ring leader said, the woman shaking her head fearfully.

"No, I won't give it to you!" She looked around, realizing she was surrounded.

Gwen landed silently behind the group, and I shifted my form into that of a leopard, snarling lowly.

One of the gang members standing near the back heard this, turning to see what was making the noise, only for his eyes to widen.

"Gu-" He was cut off in the middle of alerting the other gang members when Gwen rushed forward and punched him square in the temple, knocking him out cold. This alerted the other gang members, who turned to see what had happened.

I didn't give them time to think, immediately rushing towards the one standing closest to Gwen, letting out a yowl as I tackled him to the ground. I snarled in his face as I stood on him, the guy cowering in fear as I turned to the other gang members who were snapping out of shock.

"Get them!" The ring leader shouted, four rushing at me as the other three went for Gwen.

They all piled on me, grabbing my fur and whatever they could reach. I growled and transformed, my form shifting from a leopard to a bear. I stand on two legs, pushing them off me, towering over them.

I roared before swiping at them, knocking them down as they try and run into me to push me down. One jumped on my back, holding onto me, causing me to stumble back, but then ramming him into a tree, making him let go of my back.

I look to Gwen, who was finishing taking out the last one. I walk over to her, transforming back into my human form, both of us going to the woman who was frozen on the ground.

"Are you okay, ma'am?" I asked, offering my hand for her to take to get off the ground. She blinks, shaking her head, before taking my hand and getting up.

"Who are you two?" She asks, eyes wide as she looks between us.

"Spider-Woman."

"Animalia."

We both respond at the same time, the woman nodding her head.

"Well, thank you for saving me." She smiles gratefully, though obviously still shaken from the encounter. "How can I repay you?